Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trout bleeding from arse

Options
  • 27-06-2014 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Was fishing on my local River and I saw a trout belly up, I immediately waded across, and I net it but It was alive!! Then I had a look at it then had look for my phone down in my jacket and there had blood all over my jacket!! I then had a look at the fish and noticed blood around the fishes arse, rang the ifi they didn't really know what it was, the fish died, so there bring it into there lab, anyone know what the cause is? Will it affect any other fish, I had a look up around the river didn't see anything, anyone know or herd,seem this before

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Any sign of him being deep hooked?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

beano345 wrote: »

No looked there no sign

beano345 wrote: »

No looked there no sign

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

2 possibilities. It was caught already and was lashed into the bank so pressure could've done damage to its insides causing it to bleed.
    Possibly has been deep hooked and line was cut inside it could've also swallowed the hook instead of coughing it out and it's done damage to insides

2 possibilities. It was caught already and was lashed into the bank so pressure could've done damage to its insides causing it to bleed.
    Possibly has been deep hooked and line was cut inside it could've also swallowed the hook instead of coughing it out and it's done damage to insides

Thanks for the reply how would you check if there was a hook in his mouth would there be a scar or something

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Was it a brown trout or a sea trout?
    I've seen quite a few salmon with similar - bloody redness around the vent, apparently caused by Anisakis, a parasitic worm they pick up at sea. A sea trout might pick up the same parasite, but it would be the first one I've heard of. Brownie which hasn't been to sea would have no way to be exposed to the parasite so look for another cause if it's a brownie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

He had a rough night?

No, zzippy it was a brown trout, It's not really funny for me fox, That river was netted a few years ago, the river on a recovery a fish like that was pretty rare...

Advertisement