Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Escape from Ireland Swim June 29th

Options
  • 27-06-2014 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭

http://www.howthaquathon.com/escape-from-ireland-swim/index.php

Anybody from here signed up? Looks to be a nice day Sunday and word has it the course is well marked thereby minimising drifting due to currents. I don't want to go asking about jellyfish as I have a feeling I'll be asking for trouble :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Cottonballs

Did this this morning, was a really nice swim, bit of chop and some nice rolling waves! :)

Made a bit of a mess of sighting, ended up too wide off the buoys, must have swam an extra 150 easily! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Only an extra 150? :)

Marshalling was a little light on the Portmarnock side of the course, ended up drifting way off course and clocked what felt like an extra 500m+

Gorgeous day for it though, and relatively calm given the stories I heard about the 2012 event :)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Cottonballs

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Only an extra 150? :)

Marshalling was a little light on the Portmarnock side of the course, ended up drifting way off course and clocked what felt like an extra 500m+

Gorgeous day for it though, and relatively calm given the stories I heard about the 2012 event :)

I'm being generous to meself although once the times are out I'll be 'ah, was at least 400 extra'. Those gates at the end? May as well have been imaginary...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Some distance to run in at end.

Advertisement