Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact lenses online

Options
  • 27-06-2014 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hey guys

Just Wondering does anybody know of any cheap sites to contact lenses delivering to Ireland?
    I've always ordered my contacts from the optician but I'm wondering if by ordering online would it work out cheaper as they can b quit expensive as I change my contacts forenightly.

Thanks xx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

opticalinstitute.com is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ShellBell89

Magenta wrote: »
    opticalinstitute.com is good.

Thanks I'll check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

daysoft are probably the cheapest if they suit you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

+1 for Daysoft. Using them a few years now trouble free.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 suefox

I would recommend getlenses.ie. I've been using the site for about 2 years and they have really fast shipping (about 2 days) and are much cheaper than the opticians where I used to buy my lenses in Cork city (especially cheap if you buy in bulk!).

I have a current 10% off discount code too, if anyone wants to use it: 4284923F

Hope this helps :-)

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    new code for www.getlenses.ie if anyone wants it..
    Good for you, good for me 😁
    2423696F

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kline64

Hi my daughter wears contact lenses & I pay 35e a month for them in specksavers just wondering if I could get them cheaper somewhere else ,she wears daily disposable ones,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

I went with Daysoft on the basis of above recommendations and have had no trouble so far. 6 months supply cost me just over €75.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Does anyone know of the next cheapest to Daysoft Contact Lenses, I live in the Netherlands and have to get them shipped to Ireland first as they dont ship direct to Netherlands

If anyone knows of a similar price range product, let me know, dailies

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

VisionDirect.ie imported from Holland. I get the Focus Dailies and no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 suefox

Hey guys,

Getlenses.ie is now visiondirect.ie ... The same great service but I find it a small bit more expensive than before. Still way better prices than the highstreet!

A 10% discount code for the new site for anyone who wants it: 4284923F

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kline64

Got my daughter contact lenses from daysoft & so far so good & a lot cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Anyone know what the Biofinity lenses are like from Daysoft? Any other site that sell them ask for the base curve, diameter, cylinder, power and axis but Daysoft don't and just say that all their lenses are multi fit.

My prescription is specific (according to the lady in Specsavers anyway) so I don't want to mess it up. Not fond of ordering three months supply via SS as its working out around €90 for me, and I rarely wear contacts so one months supply (or a box of three) is sufficient for me.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Anyone know what the Biofinity lenses are like from Daysoft? Any other site that sell them ask for the base curve, diameter, cylinder, power and axis but Daysoft don't and just say that all their lenses are multi fit.

My prescription is specific (according to the lady in Specsavers anyway) so I don't want to mess it up. Not fond of ordering three months supply via SS as its working out around €90 for me, and I rarely wear contacts so one months supply (or a box of three) is sufficient for me.

Thanks.
    Daysoft don't do an equivalent of the biofinity as daysoft don't do silicone hydrogen lenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Daisies wrote: »
    Daysoft don't do an equivalent of the biofinity as daysoft don't do silicone hydrogen lenses.
    OK, thank you.

Can you recommend anywhere else? Cheapest I can find it €40ish for both eyes. Is that the cheapest I'll get?

Sorry for the silly questions, I've never bought lenses online before.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mrshopkeeper

+1 for Daysoft, tried them out for the first time toward the end of last year. for me they fitted better and are far less expensive than the Optician

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I was wondering do daysoft or getlenses/visiondirect deliver via courier or is it through the post box and no need for signing? I was wondering because I will be away from my home for a bit and will not be around to sign for lenses if that is the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I was wondering do daysoft or getlenses/visiondirect deliver via courier or is it through the post box and no need for signing? I was wondering because I will be away from my home for a bit and will not be around to sign for lenses if that is the case

Visiondirect delivery by fastway courier in my experience. Could you get them delivered to work maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

katiiiejay wrote: »
    Visiondirect are amazing I always order from them.

Here's a working discount code for 10% off of any order - not just the first order! Used it myself yesterday

3868575N

Enjoy! ☺
    Bummer - 1 day too late! Though I did have a 10% discount from them for submitting a review on their site anyway. Would I have got 2 discounts, I wonder?

They did send me a code for free delivery for orders over €29. It usually has to be €59 for delivery. PM me if this would help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Does anyone have a current 10% off code?

• Advertisement
Advertisement