Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonas bathrooms - reviews?

Options
  • 27-06-2014 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a house & am in the process of kitting out my bathrooms. Sonas bathrooms have recently opened an outlet in my home town and was wondering if anybody have any experience with this crowd?
    Just wanted to know if they're good to deal with, etc? I'll be the first to admit that I don't have a clue when it comes to this kind of stuff!
    One of their reps has told me to go in to him tomorrow with the bathroom plans & he will advice what will fit/suit/etc.
    Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

How'd you get on? In the same boat myself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Sons sell their stuff through Chadwicks as far as I know. They have a big catalogue of stuff. I bought a corner toilet from this catalogue through Chadwicks. It seemed pretty good to me.

You might be able to get some discount on the catalog price. Your plumber might get some discount through his supplier too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I bought a bathroom suite off them 4 years ago, will be going back to them by the end of this year to do another bathroom. Now it was through a plumbing merchant so I didn't deal with them directly but as for quality of the suite I have no complaints whatsoever. Good solid pieces. If you get the catalogue everything is priced in it making it easier to stick to your own budget.

The prices do fluctuate because they are Sterling based so make sure you have the latest catalogue.

I visited 2 different merchants myself and they presented the orange Sonas book! One promised 20% off the catalogue prices straight away so I'll see what the other one can do :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

oooh interesting, would you mind pming me your merchant? Good to compare prices. We did do a deal on the price 4 years ago but I don't think it was 20%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 scf

BarneyMc could you share the name of the merchand with me too please? :) pretty please.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Heavy water

Could you pm me the merchants as we'll. I know I'm a bit late. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 velo11

I've recently dealt with Sonas bathrooms including toilet ,sink, tap etc. Really impressed. Dealt with a really good merchant in Dublin. Pm me for more details if you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Hi there, would you mind PM'ing me too please? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

...could you PM the dealer's name to me too please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 sophmore

Recently had a sonas shower door purchased; substandard quality. Rather than sorting it out promptly and replacing it, its been an unnecessary fight with 3 drawn out visits. Disappointing to say the least; Sonas were nothing but obstructive. Would not recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

robnet77 wrote: »
    ...could you PM the dealer's name to me too please?

Could you PM me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barba

OnLooker wrote: »
    Could you PM me as well.

I know thread is old but I'd be interested also in the merchants name as I am buying for 3 bathrooms.. if you could pm me I'd appreciate it..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

barba wrote: »
    I know thread is old but I'd be interested also in the merchants name as I am buying for 3 bathrooms.. if you could pm me I'd appreciate it..thanks

Likewise please!

Likewise please!

I sent a message to barba but not sure it sent (got no reply).

Anyway, contact your nearest Sonas dealer and ask them for their best discount. If they don't give you 20-20% then ring around. The ones I contacted were based in Monaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Has anybody recently fitted a Sonas bathroom?

We got a bathroom vanity unit installed and a new sink the plumber tested everything and it was fine. I started to use the sink a couple of hours later and noticed that there was a leak in the pipe underneath the sink which resulted in the inside of the vanity unit bubbling up?

There was an extremely small amount of water you would have expected a little bit more protection from such a high quality product.

Advertisement