Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus during summer?

Options
  • 27-06-2014 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hey all, what's the campus like during summer? I have a short-term job there for a few weeks.

Are the gym/libraries/cafes still open?

Is it just international students in the accommodation or are there phd students, too?

Does it transform into a party place, or is it dead quiet until September?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

I was around last summer, so I don't know for sure about this one. Gym was open, Chill was open, don't think O'Brien's was. Library and Starbucks was still open. Opening hours for a lot of things would probably be shorter though.

Can't help you with the on-campus accommodation, I was off campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Very quiet here. I'm a Phd here and the place is dead. The town is very quiet too. Chill is open 10 till three and the Londis in JH but thats the height of it. You can rent the on campus accommodation relatively cheaply for the summer I think, get onto the residence office. Gym is open and is dead quiet too which is great. Feels like your own private weights room at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

Awesome, lads, thanks!

I've been told it feels like being locked in a theme park! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Pretty much the same as weekends during term.

Dead and buried.

Advertisement