Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unwanted dog litter on my lawn Help

Options
  • 27-06-2014 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,
    I live in a private estate in a limerick. Well I understand it's not the dogs fault but the owner is a neighbour of mine. I don't want to be picking up dog sh*t on my own property ????? Any advice or anyone I can contact. Am I right or wrong ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

clickme08 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I live in a private estate in a limerick. Well I understand it's not the dogs fault but the owner has responsibility right ? I mean it's just disgraceful that I have to go out and pick up dog sh*t on my own property ????? Any advice or anyone I can contact. Am I right or wrong ?
    Put a nappy on your dog?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 clickme08

Put a nappy on your dog?.

You misinterpreted it's a neighbours dog sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

You misinterpreted it's a neighbours dog sorry

Dog will **** where dog chooses really nothing you can do about it, they tend to chose places away from their own territory to do it. It's so a predator can't track them back to where they are

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Dog will **** where dog chooses really nothing you can do about it, they tend to chose places away from their own territory to do it. It's so a predator can't track them back to where they are

I know but it's my property in a private estate how is that allowed

I know but it's my property in a private estate how is that allowed

Well what do you suggest? Sew his arse up? I know what you're saying but short of putting up a gate so he can't get in there's not a lot you can do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Have you tried putting up a sign?or having a chat with the dog in question?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

The dog shouldn't be allowed roam freely without the owner to sh*t everywhere. Just have a word and hopefully they'll be civil about it. If they get thick and ignorant about it then collect it up and dump it outside their door. Naturally that will start a dispute but it's what I would do.

Have you tried putting up a sign?or having a chat with the dog in question?.

I know they won't listen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Free fertilizer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

just leave it and see does it still go white.

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    just leave it and see does it still go white.

That only worked with 70s and 80s dog sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

redser7 wrote: »
    That only worked with 70s and 80s dog sh*t.

Cheers was wondering what happened alright.

Any real advice like that fertiliser idea thanks

Dog's isn't suitable for plants. If it was a cow or a pig you'd be laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭emo72

Maybe put pepper on your lawn. Harmless but I'd doubt dogs like sniffing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

redser7 wrote: »
    collect it up and dump it outside their door.
    +1

emo72 wrote: »
    Maybe put pepper on your lawn. Harmless but I'd doubt dogs like sniffing it.

He may **** more to get rid of the smell of the pepper

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

You need to go and talk to the owner first and take it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Talk to the owner first. If that doesn't work, then I'd go Route 1. Dump it on HIS lawn...

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

bag it up, nice bow on it. leave on their doorstep. Your dog left this behind in my garden and kids play here, please clean up after him next time or something to that effect on a little note.

Happens again do the same but with no note and through the letter box.

• Advertisement

hot cayenne pepper sprinkled all over the grass, once his nose or arse feels that, he'll not go near your garden again. Just make sure no children do either :eek:

Jake1 wrote: »
    hot cayenne pepper sprinkled all over the grass, once his nose or arse feels that, he'll not go near your garden again. Just make sure no children do either :eek:

He'll smell it before he gets close enough to harm him so the **** will happen elsewhere. You can't blame the dog - they do it where they do it, every time you see him run him off.

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    He'll smell it before he gets close enough to harm him so the **** will happen elsewhere. You can't blame the dog - they do it where they do it, every time you see him run him off.

I didnt blame the dog???

I just mentioned cayenne pepper will stop him from using OPs lawn, as per thread topic
    . I sure the Op dosent give a monkies where the dog goes as long as not his garden :)

OP, camphor is another one dogs hate, crush few mothballs maybe and toss them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Put it into a bag and tie it to the dogs collar. My mum used to do it when a dog used to hop the wall to do it in the garden.

I was walking passed their house one day when the owner was untying the bag with no clue of where it came from!

Jake1 wrote: »
    I didnt blame the dog???

I just mentioned cayenne pepper will stop him from using OPs lawn, as per thread topic
    . I sure the Op dosent give a monkies where the dog goes as long as not his garden :)

OP, camphor is another one dogs hate, crush few mothballs maybe and toss them around.

I know you didn't, but instead of doing it on his lawn he'll go do it somewhere else in his garden. Instead of temporary things think of permanent solutions.. Like has been said, go talk to the neighbour and tell him don't go throwing ****e through his post box that'll start a huge fight nothing else. It's not a Simpsons episode were living in

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Gairdin nua

Oh you poor chap/ess as a dog owner these people shame me. I have had this problem in the past and there is no easy answer. One would guess that the owner is either unaware of the effects of the problem or is not a responsible owner.
    Firstly do not put it in compost as definately dog/cat poo not suitable.
    I tried the following series of measures with some success.
    Start very nice and make concerned contact with the owner as may just not be aware of the nusiance value. I waited a few times and when the beast started his delivery, I approached the offending owner with a broad smile and a few poo bags and said 'oh deary me seems the rascal has caught you off guard'. Admittedly the old buffer was non receptive and said 'if you are so concerned about it, pick it up yourself' at which point I regretted not having learnt to head butt. Try to avoid it tpping into the 'one of us will win' scenario as the terrorist dog owner always has the advantage of surprise.
    If it turns out to be wilful further down the line, develop a seies of barriers eg low fences, gate, raised edging barriers.
    Then, a solution of water and Jeyes fluid sprayed at the entry point or boundary is a good deterrent as dogs are attracted to scents and deterred by this one (they have a sense smell 900 times more sensitive than humans) so are likely to avoid your garden.
    inally the legal process, record the event, collect the specimen and if you have an idea of the ownership, present your case to the local environmental department.
    Good luck and remember, all dog owners are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

I have the same problem with dogs in an open plan estate ....

I go out very early in the morning with my coal shovel and I fling the pooh into the garden of the dog owner .. sorted ...

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

I have the same problem. Last week I caught him in the act and threw a stone at him. That kept him away for a few days but now his coming in again. Is there anything that can be put down that they don't like. A powder or something that will deter them?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

Sorry, I hadn't read all the posts. I'll try a solution of cayeene pepper and jeyes fluid mixed and spray it accross the entrance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

A neighbour of mine as a child used to put plastic bottles full of water lying out on his lawn. Moved them around every few days. If you don't want to spoil the aesthetics of your lawn conceal the bottles amongst plants and use clear plastic. Neighbours garden was maybe 50ft x 20ft and he used to have 3 or 4 bottles out as far as I remember.

Don't ask me how or why but THIS WORKS.

Advertisement