Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hip flexor issue

Options
  • 27-06-2014 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭

Not looking for physio advise but other peoples experiences regarding tight groin/hip flexors and what solutions worked?
    Been going to physio once a week for last 6 weeks with little success.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭RubyK

I've had issues with hip flexor, tfl and psoas. Found physio good, especially at releasing the psoas muscle. He also gave me this stretch to do
    I do it after every run.

Lunge forward with knee on padded mat. Position foot beyond forward knee. Place hands on knee. Straighten hip of rear leg by pushing hips forward. Hold stretch. Repeat with opposite side. For an extra stretch, you can raise your arms up pointing at the ceiling, and bend slightly to the opposite side you are stretching. HTH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Not looking for physio advise but other peoples experiences regarding tight groin.

Ahem.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Stazza

Google positional release for psoas - and like magic, in 90 seconds...

Advertisement