Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configuring Eircom Email addresses on a Samsung S5

Options
  • 27-06-2014 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All

Would anyone know how to configure eircom email addresses on a Samsung s5. I bought it 3 days ago in a eircom shop. I tried to add my email address and the message I am getting is “Server Does Not Support Authentication” I then tried to add it through Microsoft Exchange but that says that it doesn’t recognize the certificate. I don’t know what to do next. I would be grateful for any ideas.

Many Thanks
    jeananddonal

configuring

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Protocol: POP3
    incoming: webmail.eircom.net
    outgoing: mail1.eircom.net (If on eircom wifi) OR yourproviderSMTP (on 3G or other wifi)
    Authentication: plaintext password
    Encryption/SSL: None/off

It may have to fail the test and proceed anyway, then manually change advanced settings to get it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Protocol: POP3
    incoming: webmail.eircom.net
    outgoing: mail1.eircom.net (If on eircom wifi) OR yourproviderSMTP (on 3G or other wifi)
    Authentication: plaintext password
    Encryption/SSL: None/off

It may have to fail the test and proceed anyway, then manually change advanced settings to get it going.

Thanks for the accreditation on that
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91062031&postcount=2

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jeananddonal

Thank You Very Much Pizzahead77

That was very helpful. Inorder to get the manual button going I had to reset factory settings and then put in the settings you were talking and it worked fine

Many Thanks
    Jeananddonal

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jeananddonal

Thank You Very Much Ed E

That was very helpful. Inorder to get the manual button going I had to reset factory settings and then put in the settings you were talking about and it worked fine

Many Thanks
    Jeananddonal

• Advertisement
Advertisement