Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Dress Alterations in Dublin (Pref West Dublin)

Options
  • 26-06-2014 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi, I've bought a dress from the Oxfam Bridal shop in town and now I need to have it altered. I believe they can recommend someone, but I'm also wondering if there is someone nearer the Dublin 15 area (where I live) who does good alterations? I am however, willing to travel a bit for a good reliable person who is reasonably priced! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

I got mine altered in Fashion Hothouse in Harold's Cross, and they were excellent and really reasonable. The only thing I'd say is their dressing room was freezing - this was early Feb and I had my appointments at 8am in the morning as they were just opening, so I'm sure it would be fine now. They really knew their stuff and weren't out to rip me off at all!

I know it's not near Dublin 15 though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Hi,
    There's a place in one of the cottages beside St Brigid's Church in Blanchardstown Village, I think they're called a Stitch in Time.
    There's another place called Scissor Sister(s) in Coolmine.
    I've heard good reports about both.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭perfectblue

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Hi,
    There's a place in one of the cottages beside St Brigid's Church in Blanchardstown Village, I think they're called a Stitch in Time.
    There's another place called Scissor Sister(s) in Coolmine.
    I've heard good reports about both.

thanks! on another thread her,e someone posted a horror story about the place in blanchardstown (I think it's called Stitches and Seams, unless there is a second one?) ruining her dress, so now I'm a bit wary! I'll look into scissor sisters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

As far I as I know there's 2 alterations shops in Blanchardstown Village, one beside the mace and one further down on the same street.

Good Luck I hope all goes well. I also have a number of a lady in Clondalkin who a work colleague uses all the time send me a pm and I will give you the number if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭perfectblue

So it turns out there is both Seams and Stitches and Zipyard in Blanchardstown. And recently, Scissor Sisters have moved from Coolmine to St Brigids shopping center in Blanchardstown now too. I'm going to check out SS this weekend. Thanks again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement