Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cordless HedgeTrimmer - Bosch AHS 52 Li 18v

Options
  • 26-06-2014 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Has anyone bought one of these, Bosch Cordless Hedge Trimmer - Bosch AHS 52 Li 18v?

Curious if it would manage:
    - 30 yards of whitethorn hedge - cut once a year
    - Various shrubs, say Barberry, again once a year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Grindley

Amazon.co.uk has reviews of this product from consumers. I believe you can also send questions to reviewers re: product

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭gk5000

Grindley wrote: »
    Amazon.co.uk has reviews of this product from consumers. I believe you can also send questions to reviewers re: product

Thanks Grindley. I had already looked at argos, B&Q reviews, but had not thought of that. Mind you I don't totally trust them to be fully independant - it would be very tempting for Mr Bosch to skew the results etc.

Mind you many of the amazon buyers seem to have just moved up from manual shears which is not promising.

There is another Bosch - AHS 52-30 with a 36v battery which looks promising but seems expensive and not very available yet.

Can anybody share their experiences of any cordless hedge trimmer - capability wise - 30 metre of whitethorn?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Have the previous model Bosch AHS 52 ACCU but it has the old NiCd batteries (had supplied 2 of them which is handy).
    Lightweight, works a charm except the batteries no longer hold their charge.
    At first I got my hedge that used to take 5 hours with an electric done in 2.5 hours swapping batteries mid way.
    Looking to replace it with the above trimmer soon as the batteries need swapping 6 times in the course of my work now (takes ages waiting on charges).
    It sounds weak at first, but seems to have the power to get through most. Surprisingly good compared to the electric and no worries about cutting the cable (again).

It should easily be able for a 30m hedge on a single charge. Especially a Li-ion, unless its a very high hedge.

Advertisement