Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decking

Options
  • 26-06-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to put decking down on the area outside my back door, it would be around 26 square metres, I'm wondering if anyone could tell me approx. how much this would cost, it's just plain deck, no rails or anything, and it would be tantalised timber I'd be after.
    I'm in Tralee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I'd imagine you'd need to expect in the region of between 500 and 700 euros depending on what your ground conditions are like (you'll need some sort of foundation for the subframe) and what decking you're using. Grooved stuff might be less tricky and slippy in wetter conditions.

IIRC decking planks come in 16 foot lengths - with a deck the size you are suggesting it's maybe worth trying to fit it so you don't have to cut any!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Thank you for your reply Prenderb.
    It's an area that is already concreted. I was quoted €1800 for supply and fit, I thought it was a bit mad to be honest, the area comprises 2 small sheds which I am getting decked also as flooring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I should have said in my original reply that that was a materials only budget - to be fair that sounds a little on the steep side, but it really can depend so much on what the quote was including. If they were removing the concrete, for example, to get the deck at the right level that would add a lot of work and time.

Advertisement