Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WALL CLADDING OR DRY BLOCK

Options
  • 26-06-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Im planning on starting my patio and will be putting a small border wall around the patio about 2 foot high acting as a seating area also..what im trying to figure out is which would be cheaper to buy ,,9" cavity blocks and then stick on stone wall cladding onto the side of the cavity blocks or build a dry block style wall ,ie the ones you dont use mortar on.Any idea which would work out cheaper guys ,thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

I plan to do something similar in the future and hope to be able to do it in gabion baskets. Sorry, this doesn't answer your question though. I wouldn't imagine there would be much difference in the price, but the dry stone would look better

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

you think I was thinking the cavity blocks would work out cheaper as there only 60 or 70 cent each and the cladding is about 30 euro a square meter and I wouldn't need much cladding as its only going to be about 2 cavity blocks high..never priced the dry blocks and not sure how you fix them to each other.i know theres no mortar but surely the don't just sit on each other..

Advertisement