Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Christmas air freshener?

• 26-06-2014 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭ VanZan

Can anyone recommend a nice Xmas air freshener please? I did a search and washiskin uses an Air Wick "Mulled Wine & Cinnamon Apple" freshener...but heaven knows where you get them! Are there any other good ones please? Thank you! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭ washiskin

I get that one in Tesco usually around October/November - but OCCASIONALLY they have them in earlier and have them fairly keen, price wise.

You could always go down the Candle route and as a change from Yankee M&S do a Frankincense & Myrrh or a Mandarin & Clove, both of which are lovely.

A couple of years ago I got a Christmas one from Homebase which was cheap as chips and was as Christmassy as any of the expensive ones I'd tried.

Meadows & Byrne (there's one in Bunratty) used to do an incredibly Christmassy
    pop pourri but I haven't been in any of their shops over Christmas in a while.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭ VanZan

Good stuff! I'll keep an eye on Tesco then. I actually forgot to say that I got a Yankee candle last Christmas but Mummy VanZan isn't keen on them so I think it got "gifted" to a neighbour! :D Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭ leahyl

Those ones from M&S sound incredibly Christmassy! Frankincense and Myrrh and Mandarin and Clove - seriously?! The essence of Christmas!!:D I'm really excited all of a sudden!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭ sunbeam

I'm still using my Febreeze Air Effects Holly Berries & Frost fresher bought in Supervalu last December. It has a nice fresh scent but not really overtly Christmassy.

I'd probably still be using my Air Wick Mulled Wine & Cinnamon Apple one, if the top hadn't broken off it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭ funnights74

sunbeam wrote: »
    I'm still using my Febreeze Air Effects Holly Berries & Frost fresher bought in Supervalu last December. It has a nice fresh scent but not really overtly Christmassy.

I'd probably still be using my Air Wick Mulled Wine & Cinnamon Apple one, if the top hadn't broken off it. :(

The Kilkenny shop do a lovely pot pourri around Christmas time, it's got a lovely spicey seasonal scent, we buy it every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭ VanZan

I got the Air Wick one but I'm a bit disappointed. It was great at first but now I can hardly get the smell at all. Come to think of it I think that happens with all air fresheners.

Advertisement