Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet Moth Infestation

Options
  • 26-06-2014 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently purchased an apartment which has a significant carpet moth infestation. I have gutted the place, getting rid of all fabrics i.e. carpets, curtains etc. and I have cleared all visible moths & cocoons from the affected rooms.

From doing a bit of online research there would seem a distinct possibility that larvae & eggs may still remain under the skirting boards and other nooks and crannies biding their time to reek havoc.

Does anyone know of any powders or sprays that could be used to tackle the problem?? I note that Rentokil sell DIY products for sorting moths but it would seem that these are only available in the UK...

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Advertisement