Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are your darts?

Options
  • 26-06-2014 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭

There hasn't been much activity around here lately so I thought I start a general post about how your darts are going.

I didn't practice much for a while but recently I've been making an effort to find time to practise more. I bought new darts back in February and they've definitely helped ...21g MvGs. I'm hitting better scores with them than the others I have. I think it's just that they have the right balance for my grip and they go in fairly flat so if I'm just under the 20 I can get another one or two on top of it which I couldn't before.

Before a 180 wasn't even a weekly occurance and now in half an hours throwing I'll probably hit 1 or 2. I managed a lifetime best 15 dart leg a couple of days ago, a 154 finish last month and 200 points in shanghai so I know I'm improving. I've even started to move along the oche to open up the T20 bed if it's a bit covered and manage to find it so it's all very encouraging. All of that though is practising on my own in the garage so hardly the most testing of environments.

How are the rest of you doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

strangely enough did a bit of practice at home this evening for the first time in 2 months...not throwing anything this time of year,
    was throwing great darts up until xmas and hit a bad run of form which got progressively worse,hit a low point at the all-irelands where i was borderline dartitis...luckily they have recovered a bit,not as good as they were but not too bad.
    started a new job back around the time my darts started to go bad so i think that might have had something to do with it...
    feckin game!! its the best in the world when they are going well but by god they are frustrating when there not....but we'll keep coming back for more:D

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

I had a good run this yr in our local league that ended in April, managed a 15 darter in competition which is a new best for me so i'm trying to keep up practice as much as I can. Usually I don't throw much this time of the year at all but I want to keep this form going. Seems to be working as I'm scoring well. Before now I was never really a heavy scorer and relied on (kind of) big finishing to win games. I concentrated more on 3 dart finishes in practice before now. But now that the scoring is going well I cant wait till the league starts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

been playing well lately. here is a couple of good but strange legs that I had

100 - 401
    95 - 306
    125 - 181
    170 - 11 (t20, t20 the bull going for 25)
    11 two darts

140 - 361
    100 - 261
    140 - 121
    119 - 2 (t20, bull going for 25 and t3 going for 3)
    2 first dart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Been playing in the leagues now for 2 years and won a few doubles and singles competitions although starting to develop dartitis in the last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Been playing in the leagues now for 2 years and won a few doubles and singles competitions although starting to develop dartitis in the last few months

What leagues are you playing in?

• Advertisement
Advertisement