Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother USA 2014

Options
  • 26-06-2014 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like a big shake up this year. 2 Head of Households and 4 nominees. Not sure how they pick a winning HOH, but it should be interesting. The HOH can also be evicted...

The first 8 went in last night, and they're the classic BB stereotypes. Seems like a good mix this year. I don't think Paola will last too long....

The 2nd episode is tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

Looks good so far, I like the mix of personalities (not too fond of Frankie so far though!)

I'd say that the 8 that enter the house tonight will play a HOH competition and Frankie and that new HOH will both nominate. Then they might have a competition between themselves to decide who is the "ultimate" HOH and their nominations stand.

Kind of awkward for HOH to nominate two people and then see them both come off the block with a veto still to play for. Looking forward to seeing how the twist pans out though!

Not sure about the "Team America" twist. Sounds like a lot of rigging to keep a certain housemate in the game.

Very excited for the new season! I'm in a sweepstake on another board and I drew the ninth player to enter the house so whoever walks in the door first tonight is my player. Hoping for a good one (although I ALWAYS get the dud - remember that idiot that self evicted Lawon??) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I like Rhode Island Cop, Duck Dynasty Donny and Blonde Student Nurse Chick straight off the bat. That could all very well change, but for now they're my favourites...

Ugh, got Jacosta in the sweepstakes! The whole shtick of praying out loud for the camera is going to get very old, very quick! Can't imagine her lasting long at all.

I like Donny, Hayden and Joey so far. Think Hayden will be particularly likable this year, seems chilled (a bit like bb12 Hayden).

Can't wait to see the noms - Zach must be a definite. Other than that it really could be anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ugh, got Jacosta in the sweepstakes! The whole shtick of praying out loud for the camera is going to get very old, very quick! Can't imagine her lasting long at all.

Could be worse... you might have got Devon (arguably the worst player in years). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

He's a liability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Frankie is only about 2000 times more irritating than I expected.

Really hope Nicole can stick it out for the long run. She has the potential to match Britney Haynes in terms of likeability.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Really hope Nicole can stick it out for the long run. She has the potential to match Britney Haynes in terms of likeability.

Completely agree.

Devin is the worst.

Devin is the worst.

He certainly is...

I'm very happy that
    Derrick and Nicole
    won the HoH comp this week. Two of my favourite houseguests at the moment.

• Advertisement

Yeah. I'm delighted they won too but I'm not too sure they wanted to/needed to. No idea what either of them will do for their nominees.

I'm still undecided on the new format. Looks like the effects will become a lot more obvious once we get deeper into the game. I can see alliance members nominating each other for eviction just so they can prevent their actual target from winning BOB. A veto win for the target would then make things very interesting though.

Ugh, I take it back.

Bring back Devin. The show has been a snoozefest since he got evicted.

This season is so DULL! Why are they still persisting with this God awful Battle of the Block twist?!

Good BOTB this week, in fairness. :)

That was one of those BB episodes that made it obvious that the edit we are getting is only a certain side to what's happening in the house.

Reading up on some live feed updates to try get a clearer picture on wtf is going on in there.

Caleb is such a moron! If he wanted to throw the competition, he should have played it with Frankie but keep messing it up. By letting Frankie play it himself, he was allowing him to win it. With a bit of practice, that game would be easier to play alone. I wonder if he was swayed at all by the competition prize? :)

I don't follow live feed but am interested to know who the target is, now that Frankie is safe. Also not sure why he thinks telling the house his "secret" will do much good.

Looking forward to tonight's episode. Since the double eviction, things have gotten much more interesting!

So this ended tonight with
    Derrick
    winning, but by the looks of this thread people had already lost interest with this overwhelmingly poor season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I enjoyed it, and the right person won. Played a great game.

One of the most deserving winners ever. Played a great game.

As a season, it was much better than last year, but it dragged towards the end. I think they need another All-Stars next summer...

I really enjoyed it this year. The right person won, and I'm delighted about America's choice for favourite housemate - a great character who really could have won the big prize under different circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭pooch90

I was convinced that Cody would win over the past week. They had all sussed out Derrick in the jury. First season we have watched so wasn't sure how it worked exactly.
    Don't think it's very fair that Derrick wins the 500K, then 50K Team America bonus plus all the little 5Ks for the TA missions.

Don't think I have ever detested someone on tv as much as that Frankie d1ck, hateful,spiteful little attention whore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

Worst Big Brother US season ever! Contestants were lame. The editing was atrocious, did anyone else notice in the last episode that Derrick had his head in Victoria's lap as she played with his hair. When Christine did this to Cody everyone wanted her lynched!

Yeah, The edit stood out more than ever this year and that's saying something given last year had the "racism story". Could take an all stars to get me back on board next year. Didn't like any of this years twists at all.

The diary room scenes seemed more contrived than ever too. Victoria and Caleb must have had full time writers and acting coaches.

Did anyone see the follow up show. Wonder if Cody threw away 450,000? Its only 6 months since a reality show cast member got lambasted for doing similar.

What was the follow up show?

There's always a chat show the following day where questions like this get asked. Can't remember what they called it. The View or something like that? Will try track it down later.

There's always a chat show the following day where questions like this get asked. Can't remember what they called it. The View or something like that? Will try track it down later.

Do you mean the after show interviews in the backyard with Jeff? I don't think there's ever been a reunion style show like they have on Survivor.

Derrick and Frankie were on The Talk the next day for a very brief segment where clearly none of the presenters bar Julie Chen were familiar with Big Brother.

bopper wrote: »
    Do you mean the after show interviews in the backyard with Jeff? I don't think there's ever been a reunion style show like they have on Survivor.

Derrick and Frankie were on The Talk the next day for a very brief segment where clearly none of the presenters bar Julie Chen were familiar with Big Brother.
    That's the one. The Canadian version does something similar but with the other jury members usually there.

The more I read about Frankie and his edit the more repulsed I am him. I cringed every time I saw him do his little dance during the credits. What a limelight hogging cock.

Advertisement