Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running shoe injury?

Options
  • 26-06-2014 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've read here that the wrong running shoe can lead to injury.
    I've gotten gait analysis done in the past & it turns out I'm neutral enough so I didn't bother with it last month when I bought a new pair of runners.

Day after I got them I did 13 miles.
    Have done a few 10 mile runs in them & plenty of 5 mile runs.

Now a month on & I've developed a pain in my calf (physio tonight).

Anyway my question is would you get injured from the "wrong" running shoe straight away or could it be a month later.
    Just want to know if it could be the shoe as I am down to do the Clontarf half next week and am trying to cover all angles in order to maybe make it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

frash wrote: »
    Hi,

I've read here that the wrong running shoe can lead to injury.
    I've gotten gait analysis done in the past & it turns out I'm neutral enough so I didn't bother with it last month when I bought a new pair of runners.

Day after I got them I did 13 miles.
    Have done a few 10 mile runs in them & plenty of 5 mile runs.

Now a month on & I've developed a pain in my calf (physio tonight).

Anyway my question is would you get injured from the "wrong" running shoe straight away or could it be a month later.
    Just want to know if it could be the shoe as I am down to do the Clontarf half next week and am trying to cover all angles in order to maybe make it.

It can however best bring it along to the physio tonight and they will be able to give you a more comphrensive idea. Gait analysis can be a handy tool in giving a snapshot of what is happening in the foot at the point of contact however it does not explain why someone is pronating/supinating etc so generally is just to be used as a loose guide.

Advertisement