Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intelligent Smart Shortcut Plug for Android Phone €0.28c Delivered [Gearbest]

Options
  • 25-06-2014 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

First Off...
    I apologise.. :o

I know some people aren't too excited about parting with €0.28.. :rolleyes:;)
    But I struggled with this one. (I promise). I was going/wasn't going to/should/shouldn't post it..
    I have been staying away from BA, stopping myself.. but I think this is great for 28cents (Possibly less if you pay in $).

What is it?
    It's an

Intelligent Mobile Smart Shortcut Universal Dustproof Plug for Android Phones - For €0.28c Deliveredwith Code GBSMR

What are it's main features?
    - Revolutionary: Interact with your phone in a completely new way
    - Power at your fingertips: The ultimate shortcut device
    - Slim and smart: Just 15.5mm x 5mm
    - Technology to meet your needs: Customize it the way you want
    - Total functionality: Start your favorite functions with simple clicks and gestures
    - For your entire mobile life: Set yourself free with over 50 kinds of shortcut
    - Superfast access to camera, apps, maps and more
    - Staying safe made easy: Emergency SOS function

Is it compatible with ALL smartphones?
    No.
    It is not compatible with (Incomplete list)
    HUAWEI . Honor 3C, C8650 , U8500 , G610-T11, Y500-TOO
    Lenovo . P700, A798t, A750E, S720, A789, A750 ,A850
    Coolpad. 5870 ,7235
    ZTE . U880, U950
    Sony:Z1
    Does not fit OS list : IOS ,WP ,Black Berry, Aliyun ,Android 2.3.
    Each feature need firstly set through the app and activated using a certain number of button presses
    As long as it is plugged into the headphone jack, you can quickly activate the corresponding function by default gestures.

Official Website - http://www.helloklick.com/

klick_entity_sm.pngdownload_btn_bg.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭user99

i cant believe i watched a 10 minute video! its only 30 cent. you had me at 30 cent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Something new for the drawer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

I took the plunge
    Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

Ordered one too, I think the shortcut to the camera would be dead handy

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

Thanks. I bought it and a bunch of other crap I didn't need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Allyall wrote: »

I know some people aren't too excited about parting with €0.28.. :rolleyes:;)
    But I struggled with this one. (I promise). I was going/wasn't going to/should/shouldn't post it..
    I have been staying away from BA, stopping myself.. but I think this is great for 28cents (Possibly less if you pay in $).

^^^
    don't fight it - embrace it
    we love this kinda stuff here on BA
    You're a legend here!

Anyway enough gush - I bought it - don't know exactly what it does but will watch the 10 min video once it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Great price but its a total IP ripoff of the Kickstarter project, Pressy even down to the app on the Play Store.
    The reviews of the Android app appear to show its not working correctly too.

Pressy

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

argh, code expired as i was checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

ongarite wrote: »
    Great price but its a total IP ripoff of the Kickstarter project, Pressy even down to the app on the Play Store.

Does anyone know if Pressy functions correctly as opposed to this? Seems very handy, I've a Moto G and they give camera access from the lock screen which I have to admit I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭AidanD12

sealgaire wrote: »

Still works - they do say its only a bargain if you were going to buy it anyway but we'll make an exception here ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Haven't heard of this site before. I take it they're OK to order from if everyone is going ahead with this? Not worried about the 28c but more so giving my payment details.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

frash wrote: »
    ^^^
    don't fight it - embrace it
    we love this kinda stuff here on BA
    You're a legend here!

Anyway enough gush - I bought it - don't know exactly what it does but will watch the 10 min video once it arrives.
    Go raibh míle maith agat. :)
    I tried to abstain this year, as I also felt like I was spamming a bit much.. :o
    Ah feck it.. I made it to June.. :D (Before i decided to give up) Money must be burning a hole in my pocket.. :pac:
    (What money...? :()
    sealgaire wrote: »

It should be good until July 19th. I just checked it with a mailinator address, and it is still working.
    Haven't heard of this site before. I take it they're OK to order from if everyone is going ahead with this? Not worried about the 28c but more so giving my payment details.

I think it's more profitable to be legit/honest in China at the minute. They are in the middle of a BOOM!
    That said, I've ordered from theses quite a few times, and no problems yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

There is a free Android app that does similar called QuickClick.

Havent tried it myself, but you can, for example, double click volume up to launch camera

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blor.quickclickgold

HUKD thread on it
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/amazing-android-app-extend-create-short-cuts-using-hardware-buttons-free-1924143#comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Thanks OP, just ordered a couple for the kids, i'm sure they will like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

ongarite wrote: »
    The reviews of the Android app appear to show its not working correctly too.

Pressy

The pressy app isn't so hot either.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pressy.app

In fact, the rip off is slightly edging it in positive ratings!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

There is a free Android app that does similar called QuickClick.

Havent tried it myself, but you can, for example, double click volume up to launch camera

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blor.quickclickgold

HUKD thread on it
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/amazing-android-app-extend-create-short-cuts-using-hardware-buttons-free-1924143#comments
    Totally superior option imo. I need the headphone slot.

Thargor wrote: »
    Totally superior option imo. I need the headphone slot.

I tried it yesterday, I saw it stay running and killed my battery (I let it to see how quick/slowlu, but a decent app.
    I don't know if helloklick or pressy app runs in background, I haven't tried it yet.
    Also, they both come with an clip to attach it to headphone cable. Ah, it's €0.28c I won't be p!ssed if I lose it or it doesn't work flawlessly immediately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

2$ now... Boo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

2$ now... Boo!

You need to use coupon code GBSMR to get discount at checkout. Just bought it myself.

mine arrived today, two of them :)
    I gave the other to my Nephew.

They are tiny, didn't come with the earphones clip, have to push it right down until you hear a click, but the app is terrible..
    It takes a bit of messing around to make it work, it wasn't until an hour or so later that I realised I had taken a ton of pictures. I had "Enable Fast Capture" checked, so the camera wasn't opening, it was just taking the picture.

Anyway, I deleted it in the end and installed THIS APP
    Take the plug out before installing the app.
    I deleted all of the default settings (Hold the command - then select delete.) and chose my own, it works perfectly :)

There's a tutorial here if anyone needs it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

Allyall wrote: »
    mine arrived today, two of them :)
    I gave the other to my Nephew.

They are tiny, didn't come with the earphones clip, have to push it right down until you hear a click, but the app is terrible..
    It takes a bit of messing around to make it work, it wasn't until an hour or so later that I realised I had taken a ton of pictures. I had "Enable Fast Capture" checked, so the camera wasn't opening, it was just taking the picture.

Anyway, I deleted it in the end and installed THIS APP
    Take the plug out before installing the app.
    I deleted all of the default settings (Hold the command - then select delete.) and chose my own, it works perfectly :)

There's a tutorial here if anyone needs it.
    Just received mine today.
    What phone are you using?. I have tried it on my jiayu g4s and moto g but can't seem to get it working

honda boi wrote: »
    Just received mine today.
    What phone are you using?. I have tried it on my jiayu g4s and moto g but can't seem to get it working

Nephew is not here at the minute, but we got it working after trying a few different apps on the Moto G. I can't remember which app. But I do remember we had to fully uninstall the other ones first as they were causing problems.

I had mine initially in an SII, and it worked, but it doesn't work (properly) in my Moto X.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Is it easy to get it out of the the jack input when you want?

groom wrote: »
    Is it easy to get it out of the the jack input when you want?

Yeah, but not so easy from an iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Got mine today also

anyone try it on a samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Got mine today and it works perfect on the Nexus 4 (with a small bit of setup, it is finicky at the start).
    Just used the Klick app (its on the Play Store, and is also mentioned on the Chinese instructions included) and it walks you through setup so you know you've plugged it in right.

Useful for quick flashlight access.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Got mine today also it's great using on a galaxy s3. Went and ordered another one for the wife as a camera button on her phone highly recommended

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Sam Mac wrote: »
    You need to use coupon code GBSMR to get discount at checkout. Just bought it myself.
    Just ordered mine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Ordered as well - thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Cant remember if I ordered last time this thread came up..... but ordered again anyways...

Advertisement