Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balaton Sound 2014 Hungary

Options
  • 25-06-2014 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Any irish going??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

markie87 wrote: »
    Any irish going??

Myself and a good group of lads are going! You heading?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Anyone been to this?

Thinking about going this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Stechkin

I thinking is well ? will see Balaton or Kazantip

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Twigehh

djPSB wrote: »
    Anyone been to this?

Thinking about going this year.

I went in 2013, had an incredible time. The festival is an absolute dream.

However, the main acts at the festival were my forte 2 years ago, but today they would not be (i.e. EDM - Avicii, Calvin Harris, Afrojack etc).

HOWEVER, if I were to go to the 2013 event with my tastes today I would still absolutely love it. Looking back on the lineup they had a huge range of acts who I love today (Four Tet, Dixon, Henrik Schwarz). They definitely attract a large portion of their crowd with the big EDM names, but still retain quality DJs who play across some of the so many stages they have.

The site is bliss - Balaton lake is absolute perfection (biggest lake in Eastern Europe I think). It's waist height for about 100m out and the temperature is lukewarm. I slept lakeside every night (except for the first night) as it gets way too hot in your tent.

Some of the facilities I loved off the top of my head: lakeside hammocks, deep house island, massive barbeque with so many meats, a McDonalds, the fairy-light lit camp site and huge inflatable water games.

I had friends that went last summer and it rained all weekend and they did not have as good a time as I did. The festival is definitely built for the sun.

I was going to go again this summer, but I decided to hit up a few I haven't been to before. One of them is B My Lake which is also on Lake Balaton, but hosts a more underground/ house/ techno lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Johnspar

Was at Sziget last year and heading to balaton this year. Flying to Wroclaw in Poland and renting a car and driving to balaton. 10 day trip altogether. There will surely be a good crowd from Ireland making the trip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Tickets booked anyways.

Staying in a caravan in the camp site for the 5 nights.

What's the best way to get there from Budapest?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 markie87

Tickets booked anyways.

A train goes straight for Budapest takes about 2 an a half, 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Tickets booked anyways.

how did you get on? Is it worth a visit

Advertisement