Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding guest abroad - which colour dress?

Options
  • 25-06-2014 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I'm going to a wedding in South Africa in a few weeks and I really like this dress but I just can't decide which colour. Thought I'd get some Boardsies' personal opinions on the matter just to see what other people prefer. I'm 5'6 and a size 10 if that in any way helps.

So ladies (and men), black or coral? :)

azz47217_coral_default_xl.jpg

azz47217_black_xl.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I much prefer the black :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Both are gorgeous - what is your colouring like? That might make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

dudara wrote: »
    Both are gorgeous - what is your colouring like? That might make a difference.

I'm pale enough but not ghostly pale, I've a hint of colour I suppose. And dark brown hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I like the first one (orange) It's perfect for a wedding in South Africa; mirrors the beautiful sunset colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I'd go with Coral.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Coral!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Just something to consider, it is winter in South Africa at the moment and July is the coldest month. Depending on where in South Africa the wedding is, it could actually be colder than it is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Daisies wrote: »
    Just something to consider, it is winter in South Africa at the moment and July is the coldest month. Depending on where in South Africa the wedding is, it could actually be colder than it is here.

The wedding's in Durban and temperatures are pretty warm at the moment, low to mid 20s. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MadelineX

Both are lovely but I'd go with the black because I think its looks more dressy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Crumpets wrote: »
    The wedding's in Durban and temperatures are pretty warm at the moment, low to mid 20s. :)

Cool, Cape Town would be a whole other story!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I prefer the Coral

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Black for me but did you check material composition? The stiching of the edges almost looks as something you would see on a very casual dress (like a beach dress). Or it might be just my phone screen, photos can be deceiving at the best of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

The black one. They're both lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

meeeeh wrote: »
    Black for me but did you check material composition? The stiching of the edges almost looks as something you would see on a very casual dress (like a beach dress). Or it might be just my phone screen, photos can be deceiving at the best of times.

I agree with this. Plus be careful with the split in the dress you could end up flashing your crotch. It wouldn't be a dress I'd pick for a wedding (sorry)

Coral! But they are both gorgeous :)

Advertisement