Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Neills of Carlow/Athy, Church of Ireland/Methodist/Quaker

Options
  • 25-06-2014 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I am trying to find out more about my 4th great grandfather's family / siblings, he was John O'Neill (Neail?) 1729-1803, married to Esther (Ness) Ashmore, Fenagh, Co. Carlow. Their sons John, b1764, George, b1777, and William, b1778, I know nothing about, Morgan, b1768, Australia, and Hugh, b1773, USA Ohio, and my 3rdg grandfather, Luke, b1769-1841, married Elizabeth Ransford (Rainsford).
    Luke's family;
    Luke R, b? M,Wynne/Barrington, Quaker?
    William, b1795-1879, buried Ballitore, Methodist/Quaker,???
    Henry, b1798-1888, buried Ballitore, married Abigail Wright, b1798-1883, also buried Ballitore,???
    John, ???
    Elanor, ???
    Hugh, 1824?-1867, m Anne Valentine,?
    James, Ballycullain Athy 1800-1876, m Rebecca Budds. also buried Quaker graveyard Ballitore, my family,

I have put this up on Another site, then thought I should try closer to home
    Dermott

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Have you been out to the Quaker library in Rathfarnham? They are open on Thursdays to researchers - it's volunteer-run and really helpful.

Their records are excellent and if a branch of your family joined the Society of Friends, you can be almost guaranteed information on them.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 46 elverstown

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Have you been out to the Quaker library in Rathfarnham? They are open on Thursdays to researchers - it's volunteer-run and really helpful.

Their records are excellent and if a branch of your family joined the Society of Friends, you can be almost guaranteed information on them.

Yes I have. Thanks. Believe Rebecca Wright left friends to marry James, later generations were definitely Weslian/Methodist as on census. Recently spoke to the local Methodist minister, and he said that they had no graveyards of their own, hence Ballitore

Advertisement