Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trout fishing beginner

Options
  • 25-06-2014 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hello I am a beginner and have never went fishing before, could anyone tell me some ways of fishing for trout in lakes and rivers and what equipment to use. I will be fishing in county Kerry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Hi,

Well It depends, You can either go Spinning, fly fishing (All your doing is intimating natural flies(Eg, Mayfly, moths,etc) Harder then spinning but i thinks its more enjoyable!) if you want to pick up fly fishing You'll probely need an instructor (50 euro per hour) trust me this will help you SO much, I starter fly fishing when i was 9 so you should surely pick it up of you get an instructor!, About gear, I depends, Its all about your budget, if you could tell me what your budget is i'll look around...

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Find a fishing buddy

Advertisement