Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony z1 compact hairline crack

Options
  • 24-06-2014 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I went to three shop last Saturday and I bought Sony z1 compact phone on prepay. Today after I disconnected phone from charger I noticed hairline cracked in the right in the middle of the screen.
    My question is should I go to shop and get them to replace the phone? Or just send for warranty repair.
    Apparently it's well known issue with xperia phones and Sony fix this out of charge in UK but we are in Ireland.
    Anyone know what other options do I have?
    Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You have the most rights with the shop, go to them.

If you go to the Sony repairer for Ireland and they accept it for warranty you either have to trust it with registered post or pay them for the privilege of having you deliver it to their door in Sandyford (€15).

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

The question is what rights do I have.

Under inspection I also noticed that the screen is not aligned properly, and there is a gap between screen and frame in top right corner. Something like this should not be in waterproof phone.

Advertisement