Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

landscaping dublin area

Options
  • 24-06-2014 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

I am looking at getting my backgarden landscaped. Its approx 110m squared.

Take up concrete and change step at patio doors and lay some stone for 2 patio areas about 20m squared. Lay new grass and some flower beds re-use some of the plants and add more also possibly stone face the back wall c35m squared.

To date I have had a few landscapers out offering complete designs and rough pricing which seems exorbitant.

I don't want some fancy design just well laid patios with good materials used and a lawn and some flower beds.

Can anyone recommend how to go about this by not getting a complete design and anyone who would do it in terms of landscapers or labourers. Also how much should it cost roughly I know there are a lot of variables.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭rje66

brinner wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking at getting my backgarden landscaped. Its approx 110m squared.

Take up concrete and change step at patio doors and lay some stone for 2 patio areas about 20m squared. Lay new grass and some flower beds re-use some of the plants and add more also possibly stone face the back wall c35m squared.

To date I have had a few landscapers out offering complete designs and rough pricing which seems exorbitant.

I don't want some fancy design just well laid patios with good materials used and a lawn and some flower beds.

Can anyone recommend how to go about this by not getting a complete design and anyone who would do it in terms of landscapers or labourers. Also how much should it cost roughly I know there are a lot of variables.

Many thanks

My tuppence worth.
    With a bit of basic thought you could lay out a basic plan your self.
    With a bit of research you could choose materials your self.
    Go through books and web to choose your plants.
    Then present your requirements to a landscape gardener to price and save a few quid.
    If you cant do this then pay someone who can and get it right.
    Also cladding 35m2 of walling would not come cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 spik r

What were the rough prices u got im a landscaper in west of ireland and just wondering if it worth going to paper iv heard prices in dublin are crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 spik r

What were the rough prices u got im a landscaper in west of ireland and just wondering if it worth going to paper iv heard prices in dublin are crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 brinner

spik r wrote: »

They were indicative prices 15k min up to 25k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

gardensnow.ie do up designs for any budget. they won two prizes at bloom and they can be very cheap. i have no affliations

• Advertisement
Advertisement