Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portmarnock Open Water Swimmers

Options
  • 24-06-2014 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi,

Swam in the sea a few times last Summer but did this as part of a big group and there were canoeists so I felt very safe. Usually did about 1km max.

This Summer I would like to do more of the same and I'm aware that the facility of the canoes is not readily available!

I live in Malahide ( newish to the area ) and I would like to meet up with some people who swim at high rock or low rock.

I work on rotational shift pattern and I work 3/4 weekends so it would be ideal to meet up with some people that work "awkward" hours too for company in the Sea.... I never swim alone.

Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Maybe try the swimming forum? Even the triathlon forum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Eastern bay swim club train out at low rock Portmarnock .maybe drop them a bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Doeshedare

+1 for Eastern Bay

If you cant get in touch with them, and they dont seem to have a web presence, then a some of them plus others (eg moi) are to be found most Sunday's all year round at 12 at High Rock (Low Rock sometimes, tide and conditions depending). So if you can get there then you can get more information about other times. It is the OW race season now and many of them race so the numbers vary at this time.

Apart from that Low Rock usually has someone swimming there at this time of year.

Advertisement