Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android stick with remote / PS4 or XBox one?

Options
  • 24-06-2014 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for an Android stick with remote, to stream internet to TV. Mainly to watch youtube videos and streaming content on websites - No need for NetFlix / Hulu etc. I prefer it to be powered by mains rather than via USB.

Would PS4 / XBox One do this?

Appretiate any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭net4hack

Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I'm not sure what you mean by PS4/Xbone. The browsers in consoles tend to be relatively poor, so I would only consider them if what you want watch has a Playstation/xbox app, like Netflix or Rteplayer.

If you are looking for an android stick I can reccomend the mk908, which geekbuying sell, its very fast so its decent for browsing. I would say though that its not that great for some streaming sites unfortunately, some are just built for Windows browsers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭net4hack

I meant whether the browsers in PS4 & XBox have flash / silverlight playing capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Something like this maybe?

http://www.minix.com.hk/Products/MINIX-NEOX7mini.html

Ps4 or Xbox one do have browsers, but with limited functionality unfortunately, they have their fair share of apps but not as many as you could get on an android box....

Advertisement