Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organising a table quiz for charity

Options
  • 24-06-2014 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am organising a table quiz in a hotel in Dublin in early August to raise funds for a life-saving operation for a child with cancer.

My idea is to publicise it as widely as possible: email, boards, social media, work sports and social, etc. ; I am going to charge €10 per person on tables of four (ideally).

I am going to have a raffle as well, and plan to have an auction if I can get signed jersies from Ireland, Liverpool, Man United, etc.

My plan is to set up an online forum to collect as much cash in advance - that way people can pay in advance, or make a donation if they can't make it along on the night.

Any suggestions on this? Two I have seen are www.mycharity.ie and www.idonate.ie Any views on these?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

from what I can gather, the former is more popular and reaches a wider audience but from memory the admin charges are quite high

The latter hasn't got as large an audience but has less admin fees.

Best thing is to contact both companies

Good luck with the fundraising ;)

Advertisement