Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What on the wide earth is this?

Options
  • 24-06-2014 12:41pm
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is even remotely the correct forum but I had a little critter crawl across my laptop just now that I have never seen before.

Absolutely flummoxed as to what it could be and what it was doing in my house.

I have attached an image of dubious quality but I have left it as is (i.e., big big photo) to show as much info as possible.

I thought it might be a weevil of some sort but looking closer, it doesn't look like it.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Ladybird Larva?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Pat_Planky

Not sure if it is a ladybird larva.... Maybe you can keep it for a few weeks and let us know?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rmactier

Ladybug Larva

americaninsects.net/b/i-me5-coleomegilla.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 soupdragon

Yup looks like a ladybird nymph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Ladybird larvae often look like little negatives of ladybirds: instead of being red with black dots (like the adults) they are grey or black with pink dots (sometimes)

I find this very charming :-)

Advertisement