Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portugeuse Beer

Options
  • 24-06-2014 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Anyone know of any decent beers from Portugal? Heading over there for a couple weeks and was just wondering if there's anything interesting I should try. Can't imagine there's much of a craft beer scene but would love it if there was

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Tony H

SuperBok is nice , 5.6 alcohol content and not too expensive,

forget the above not a craft beer

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

I visited Portugal last month and tried the Super Bock, Sagres and Cristal. Super Bock was the pick of them with their stout being surprisingly tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭roganjosh

Good stuff lads. I'll keep an eye out for it

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

I visited Portugal last month and tried the Super Bock, Sagres and Cristal. Super Bock was the pick of them with their stout being surprisingly tasty.

+1 on the stout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I love their Super Bock, fantastic beer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Mean Sardine is a Portugese craft brewery that produces Zagaia a 6% Abbey Dubbel & Amura a 6% American pale ale

Maldita is a range of beers brewed by Faustino Microcervejeira, they have a 9.8% English barley wine, a 5.5% Bohememian pilsener & a 5.5% porter called Robust

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

roganjosh wrote: »
    Anyone know of any decent beers from Portugal? Heading over there for a couple weeks and was just wondering if there's anything interesting I should try. Can't imagine there's much of a craft beer scene but would love it if there was

Did you find anything nice? I'll be over there in a few weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

You'd do well to find anything in the supermarkets, they just stock the basics, of them Sagres Preta and Super Bock Stout are the best, both being very drinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Drink wine. Portugal is known for its sweet wine, muscatel, and its 'Vinho Verde' - green wine - which is a young, slightly effervescent, crisp white wine, and cheap. Amazing with fish dishes. Of course, port is a must. As for beers, sure, you'll see Sagres, etc. everywhere, but I never saw craft beer anywhere myself, and I was looking.

Advertisement