Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel or BBQ Style Wedding?

Options
  • 24-06-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi
    when we got engaged we rushed into booking a great deal with a local hotel- deposit paid for 2014. We are getting arrival drinks and food,120people meal with wine, afters food, rooms and gym membership all under 4,500k. 450Bar extension.

The thing is now we would really like something a bit different then your normal run of the mill wedding! We have looked at the likes of Horetown and loved the marquee but its over budget. Now, we are thinking a really nice intimate family meal and a BBQ barn style party in a private resort in Wexford, Waterford, Cork area. It does work out more expensive then the hotel with all the trimmings but I feel it would be a more relaxed day. Just a bit worried how the guests will react to pig on a spit even though its more expensive then the hotel meal.

Any Advice....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hey Loublue congrats to you!! Hope you are enjoying planning.. That seems like a very good deal with the hotel, is that including the €450 or did ye have to pay the €450. Twas mad when I saw this with a few hotels we visited thought it was very cheeky of them.. One we were told when asked if we didn't go with the extension they said grand but that wed have to close up the room and stop music at 12 and pile into the small residence bar, but it might be later twill we get served..Cheeky feckers..

The way you want the day to go is really up to yourself's..I can imagine ye got really excited going around to see places but it is good to go look around at a few different options before committing to anything. Have ye both done out a list aswell of what ye want for the day, do them seperatly and see what they are and work from there.

There are so many different options tis mad.. Reg Office wedding followed by a nice meal and night out is just as good as a fancy hotel wedding..

We have opted for the more relaxed option, rented a place for the weekend, having the wedding itself in the venue and then well id say now we will be going with a gang called Pig Spit who have a fab range in fairness to them, and they supply a lot of the stuff so it takes the worry away from ye having to do it.. I think with the private rental ye must be prepared to do a lot of the work yerselfs, or bring someone in to do it if ye have the money to do so...

Haha Ill sell myself here if you need anything in Cork let me know im mad to help out with something.. We have to get lads in to work the bar, and maybe to cook breakfeast the next day so there are a few things to arrange so if ye need anything like that id love to help out..And the cleaning side of things aswell.

The food is all up to ye aswell whatever ye like go for it, the Pig Spit gang have different options of being served at the table or a buffet style dinner, or they will work with you for what you want.. Been to a few buffet style ones and I wouldn't be too keen on it for anymore that 60 people as it is slow, food gets cold and all that goes...It is impossible to keep all guests happy just do what you can to cater for them without going mad..

Advertisement