Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lumia 820 freezing up?

Options
  • 24-06-2014 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is anyone else having this issue since the 8.1 update? i plugged my phone in last night about 12.45am. woke this morning around 6am to find it frozen on the glance screen displaying the time as 1am. couldn't get it to respond, had to pull the battery.

have had the phone lockup a few times over the last couple of weeks, have to pull the battery every time :mad:

never, ever had a similar problem on 8.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

I haven't had that happen but the software is still Dev Preview (ie. beta) so that's not unexpected.

There have also been a few updates for the 8.1 Preview - I assume you've installed those? (you need to keep the Dev Preview app installed for those to appear btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

theothernt wrote: »
    I haven't had that happen but the software is still Dev Preview (ie. beta) so that's not unexpected.

There have also been a few updates for the 8.1 Preview - I assume you've installed those? (you need to keep the Dev Preview app installed for those to appear btw)

Yeah, I've got all the updates installed. I think it's only started happening since the most recent one. I really don't want to do a factory reset, was hoping that it wasn't just me and that the next update might put things right.

Have you had no freezes at all? Are you using an 820?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

I have an 820 but my primary device is a 1020 (which is on all the time) and I haven't had any crashing yet.

Unless it becomes more frequent, I don't wouldn't reset the phone just yet. Try turning off Glance and other extra features and see if that helps?

Hopefully the next update, as well as Lumia Cyan, will fix these issues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

deadduck wrote: »
    Yeah, I've got all the updates installed. I think it's only started happening since the most recent one. I really don't want to do a factory reset, was hoping that it wasn't just me and that the next update might put things right.

Have you had no freezes at all? Are you using an 820?

Are you using anything different on it?
    Is the memory near capacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

Davy wrote: »
    Are you using anything different on it?
    Is the memory near capacity?

there's 2.5Gb left on the phone and 4Gb left on the memory card, so I don't think the issue is there. i've deleted off some apps that I rarely use to see if maybe one of them wasn't playing nice with 8.1, i'll report back if the issue happens again. if it doesn't, i'll start re-installing them, and see if I can find the culprit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

My wife's 820 is doing this a lot lately,
    Turns off, won't charge when connected to the charger & freezes a couple of times a week.
    Have to press the volume down button and the lock button together for about 10 seconds to get it to restart again.
    Only happening since 8.1 so hopefully it will get sorted with the next update

Advertisement