Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Short Term Accommodation in Dublin

Options
  • 24-06-2014 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,

Am moving back to Dublin from the UK in July to start a job. Does anybody have any advice on finding somewhere to stay for two weeks or so while I'm finding a place. Would be nervous about taking a place off the internet without seeing it first.

I'm looking to do it as cost effectively as possible, as I'm currently a student so cash flow is a bit of an issue :P.

Is a B&B the only way to go, or do people rent rooms for a week or two?

Any advice appreciated.

Stephen
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,335 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Steeevvyb wrote: »
    Hi all,

Am moving back to Dublin from the UK in July to start a job. Does anybody have any advice on finding somewhere to stay for two weeks or so while I'm finding a place. Would be nervous about taking a place off the internet without seeing it first.

I'm looking to do it as cost effectively as possible, as I'm currently a student so cash flow is a bit of an issue :P.

Is a B&B the only way to go, or do people rent rooms for a week or two?

Any advice appreciated.

Stephen

You could try airbnb

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Hostel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

irish_goat wrote: »
    Hostel?
    The universities rent out the on campus accommodation in the summer, I lived in DCU for three weeks when I moved back from the UK, it was quite reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Steeevvyb

Thanks for the advice so far everyone. Have phoned DCU and some of the private student accommodation serving DCU but a lot of it seems to be full. AirBNB could be a good shout though, seems to be some reasonably priced places on there.

I had thought of a hostel too, but am worried that it would be difficult to keep clean and stuff (office job). The hostels I've stayed in in Dublin before have had generally poor washing facilities. Any recommendations would be appreciated though!

Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Try a regular B&B as they might do you a deal per week. Those places will be glad of the business

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Try a regular B&B as they might do you a deal per week. Those places will be glad of the business

Tell them you're happy to only have the room cleaned every three or four days and they should do you a deal.

Advertisement