Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I get loan

Options
  • 23-06-2014 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Have appointment tomorrow in bank to look for loan have several withdrawals on account to betting sites. Will this affect application?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Depends on how much etc, but usually it will be brought up in discussion yes.

Thats why its always best to use Skrill, Moneybookers or any E-Wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Keep your accounts clean from any betting transactions inluding skrill as they have copped onto that now for 12 months before an application. A 10 or 20 per month is okay. Anymore and you will raise alarm bells. Current AC and Credit AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Keep your accounts clean from any betting transactions inluding skrill as they have copped onto that now for 12 months before an application. A 10 or 20 per month is okay. Anymore and you will raise alarm bells. Current AC and Credit AC.

Screwed so a lot more than that a month. Any ideas for damage limitation?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

What age are ye? If you can get a student loan with your parents going guarantor you will probably be alright. Otherwise depending on the extent of use you could be in trouble. Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

It broke my nuts, and really limited me me but the pp cash card was a saviour. I was questioned on a pp withdrawal, ie money coming to me after a Large poker tournament win, during a mortgage application and it was refused. so I got rid of all lodgements etc but it's restrictive.

• Advertisement

What age are ye? If you can get a student loan with your parents going guarantor you will probably be alright. Otherwise depending on the extent of use you could be in trouble. Good Luck!

Ta but with name like auldgranny my student days are long over. I flutter a good deal and about break even. The repayments are no problem. I just need the money to buy a car

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Two words, Credit Union!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

My mate was going for a mortgage a while ago and got pulled up on a €20 deposit to an online poker account!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Why dont people just set up another bank account for this? plenty other banks out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Why dont people just set up another bank account for this? plenty other banks out there.

Your Credit History covers all bank accounts, etc... afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Oh really?

I was more so talking about showing statements from your current account, that's all I've ever done when getting loans

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Bank accounts are not covered at all, but the betting transactions show up on the statements.

Close friend of mine had to postone buying a house due to 50 euro transferred to his Pokerstars account. They told him to reapply after 6 months and not to transfer moneys anywhere near gambling sites.

With a car loan they might not be as strict as with the mortgage application.

shmeee wrote: »
    Two words, Credit Union!

Do credit unions not ask to see copy of bank statements. I thought they did

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

I would transfer money every month to my Skrill account and if I make any bets I deposit through the site for the month, so basically there will be 1 transfer per month to Skrill showing on my bank statement.

Now if they were to quiz me on this I would just advise them that I have free transactions with a Skrill prepaid card so I do this evey month to avoid bank charges (This is what I actually do btw!)

Is this fair enough or would banks be allowed to request your Skrill transaction history?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

auldgranny wrote: »

Just 3 month wage slips afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

auldgranny wrote: »

All depends, if you have some sort of savings with them then no questions asked, I got a few grand for a car loan quiet easily but then again I have a DD to the CU every week and that helps massively. Bank turned me down for a tiny loan of a few hundred only recently then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Loan application procedures are tightening all over the shop, and from what you hear anecdotally, the gambling stuff is just considered bad news end of, they're not prepared to be reaonable or nuanced about it so steer clear to be on the safe side would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lazyman

Hi, I have just seen this post now,
    I bet with bet365 and lodge maybe 20euro every three or four weeks if needed but I'm now worried that this will go against me in the future if I need a loan.
    Is there a way to lodge money without using my bank laser card!?
    I withdraw my winnings as they build up too, thanks.

Edit
    If I lodge money through paypal to my 365 account will this get around the problem?
    The bank won't know surely where the money goes to.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭kellyj77

Anyone any idea how far they look back when looking at the statements. May need to start thinking of taking a break from the online gambling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

They go back 6 months. Aim for "6 months clean statements" before considering a mortgage app and maybe 3 months for a personal loan, they'd be within their rights to start asking about Paypal as well, I don't know if they do or not though but I'd be prepared.

Get the Powers cash card. Sure you're taking a worse price than some other firms on some markets but worth it in the bigger picture.

• Advertisement

Bateman wrote: »
    They go back 6 months. Aim for "6 months clean statements" before considering a mortgage app and maybe 3 months for a personal loan, they'd be within their rights to start asking about Paypal as well, I don't know if they do or not though but I'd be prepared.

Get the Powers cash card. Sure you're taking a worse price than some other firms on some markets but worth it in the bigger picture.

That is a good idea, thank you. Do you know if credit union want to see bank statements

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My credit union just ask for proof of address, proof of income, and proof of identification. They also run a credit check which will show up any credit you have with other banks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Use a seperate bank account for gambling, not the one your wages go into!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

yawhat! wrote: »
    Use a seperate bank account for gambling, not the one your wages go into!

I think they can check any account that you have, they will all be included under a credit check so impossible to hide?.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,288 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Ulster Bank look for 3 months of current account statements for a mortgage application.

Advertisement