Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Security CCTV - Reccomendations

Options
  • 23-06-2014 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

How ya Lads

I'm looking for recommendations for a home cctv system 4 cameras domes or bullet cameras I don't mind..

I don't see the real need for PTZ in a domestic environment, do you guys?

I would like the cameras to be above 600TVL quality and have a decent IR night capability.

A DVR/control system with at least 500Gb harddrive.

And the usual smart phone view capability, motion sensor email alerts and ability to view on each of the houses tv's. I believe this can be done via a modulator but not really what else is needed?

So any help or tips be appreciated folks :)

Cheers

The Cig
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its a huge market. have you a budget in mind?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Interested in topic also myself, looking for prob 4 cameras too, bullet or prob 2 bullet and 2 dome,
    not sure if i want super zoom on them, as wouldn't i ahve to be actually watching them to make that worth the money
    my friend will more than likely installing it and he swears by icrealtime, but they just seem a little expensive or are the price of their stuff the norm in the market? but would be about 1k?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭An Cigire

I suppose €300-500 I would imagine.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Lenny, for around 1k you would get a breeze nvr and some nice IP cameras. If you are not having to pay for the installation on top of that.
    op, for your budget I would recommend looking at eyespycctv in Ballymount. They have a good range in cheaper analogue camera that might suit your needs.

I will check them out.. How usually do you securely transmit cctv images from a system to the houses other tv's is it by hdmi cable or what exactly?

• Advertisement

With images now viewable on apps and tablets etc, the need to cable to TVs is very rare now.

I was in looking at local electrical suppliers and they one full kit Digiview I think and separate IP bullet cameras.

The chap in The shop said you plug CAT 5 into back of them and run to your DVR..

Now looking online it seems adapters are needed.. What advantages to IP cameras over analogue?

I've increased my budget to to 700 in the hope of getting a better system which will alert my phone if it sees something via motion detect :)

Advertisement