Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of business' hire under 16's in Dublin?

Options
  • 23-06-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Ì'm 15 and looking for a part-time summer job but I know with this recession it's difficult to acquire any kind of occupation, especially minors because of all these laws! What kind of business' would hire me?! I was thinking Four Star Pizza or Leisureplex!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

From Citizens Advice website:

"Working
    Under the Protection of Young Persons (Employment) Act 1996 employers cannot employ children under age 16 in regular full-time jobs. Children under age 14 cannot be employed.

Children aged 14 and 15 may be employed as follows:

Doing light work during the school holidays – they must have at least 21 days off work during this time
    As part of an approved work experience or educational programme where the work is not harmful to their health, safety or development
    In film, cultural, advertising work or sport under licences issued by the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation
    Children aged 15 may do 8 hours a week light work in school term time. The maximum working week for children outside school term time is 35 hours or up to 40 hours if they are on approved work experience.

The maximum working week for children aged 16 and 17 is 40 hours with a maximum of 8 hours a day."

McDonald's or any of the supermarkets?

Advertisement