Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long Tail Keywords-Where To Put Them?

Options
  • 23-06-2014 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

I'll be designing an ecommerce site very soon. Where's the best place to focus long tail keywords? A blog? The majority of long tail words I've amassed wouldn't really fit into our product description pages (they are very specific queries) so thought they would be best suited to our company blog?

Should I approach this differently? Is there a better place to put them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Add each long tail keyword to in the meta title of the page that they are most relevant to.

If the keywords are not relevant to any page on your sites apart from the blog, chances are they are not important enough to be used at all IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

I am guessing that your "very specific queries" relate to queries that show where the potential customer is in the buying cycle.

I would match each query to where the are in the buying cycle or buying funnel - and then create content that answers their questions, put it in the blog and move them down the buying funnel with calls to action in the content.

Content could be a blog post, a video, a white paper, an infographic etc

Advertisement