Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 520 trouble connecting

Options
  • 23-06-2014 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

i was in a piblic building with a free wi fi. i know the place - genuine/free. othets were on net with laptops
    i could not connect with lumia 520. took ages loading page then page not available. happens at home somtimes. is the receiver weak on this phone? i tried clearing tif'but did not work. would go to google sometimes but would not go to seaqrched site

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you sure it was using the wifi and not the data connection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

Davy wrote: »
    Are you sure it was using the wifi and not the data connection?
    yes data connection is disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

GoodLord wrote: »
    i was in a piblic building with a free wi fi. i know the place - genuine/free. othets were on net with laptops
    i could not connect with lumia 520. took ages loading page then page not available. happens at home somtimes. is the receiver weak on this phone? i tried clearing tif'but did not work. would go to google sometimes but would not go to seaqrched site

As a general rule, phones can't get the kind of wifi range that laptops do - the antennas are just too small.

All I can suggest is that you check with a friend's phone in the same places and see if the wifi reception is any better or worse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Check is it Wifi G or N. Some of the lumia had problems connecting to older eircom routers.

https://www.google.ie/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Lumia%20520%20Eircom%20router&safe=off

Advertisement