Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawing from NUIG in Final Year

Options
  • 23-06-2014 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Im hoping that someone can help me on this. I am withdrawing from a four year honours degree program (level 8) at NUIG and was wondering if anyone could offer any insight on if I am entitled to receive any kind of formal recognition for the study I have completed to date.
    So far I have completed 220 credits and would like to know if i could receive an ordinary bachelors degree (level 7) which is the equivalent of 180 credits.
    Thanks for your help in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

You should be able to if you talk to your particular department. You can get a transcript of your credits. Also you can transfer these credits to another course within the discipline, either in another university, or else with the Open University if you would prefer distance learning to give you an hons degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Have you finished third year and are withdrawing from doing forth year??is that the senario?
    Coz if thats the case then you will be written to over the summer to ask you do you either want to continue..defer..or take the level 7...if thats not it then i dont really know about getting recognition for the extra credits

Advertisement