Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counseling services for Ex-Soldiers?

Options
  • 23-06-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Does any one know of any support in the forum of Counseling services for Ex Soldiers? I'm out 14 years but have started to experience very vivid nightmares at least 4-5 times a week related to an incident while serving. Dunno whats triggered it but its been going on for the last few months. It’s also started to pop into my head during the working day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭freethearmy

id say contact your local barracks and see if the BPSSO can sort something out for you mate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Have you contacted ONE ? They provide support and housing for ex military

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭freethearmy

Have you contacted ONE ? They provide support and housing for ex military

and most UN VET Posts could lend a hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

All of the above will point you in the right direction, and if it relates to oversea's service I'd be inclined to contact the UN Vets first.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Wookster76

Have contacted ONE on a few occasions but haven’t had a reply. I get an initial reply and send in requested proof of service but it goes no further. I'll try both. I never got involved with any of the organisations after I left. Had a little bit of a love hate relationship with the Defense Forces. Appreciate the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Bit of a long shot, but you could try emailing Combat Stress over the water. They'll certainly know who to put you in contact with here.

There are a ton of resources available online. You've taken the first & most important step. Good luck.

Get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mightywarrior

Military Minds are a Facebook page run by US veterans who suffer from PTSD. Send them a message I'm sure they can help and send you in the right direction. Sadly as far as I'm aware little to no support is offered to vets in this country.

Advertisement