Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World's first e-joint takes the electronic cigarette to a new high

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

This is the kind of crap that turns a negative light on ecigs and will bring heat upon everything. The less of this the better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Ionised

This is the kind of crap that turns a negative light on ecigs and will bring heat upon everything. The less of this the better imo.

Agreed totally. I hate that illegal drug use and vaping is ever mentioned in the same sentence. Ecigs ought to be about giving up smoking in order to improve health. Blurring this line only fuels the daft "sure those thing are worse than fags" comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I agree but what do you expect from the tabloids,no research done only scarmongering.

A report last week warned that children as young as 11 are addicted to sweet tasting cigarettes after milkshake and bubblegum flavours were launched in America.

The electronic devices are supposed to be an aid for adults to quit smoking.

But they are now tempting kids with flavours including strawberry milkshake and gummy bears, according to researchers.

Do they really believe the ****e they print?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Ionised wrote: »
    Agreed totally. I hate that illegal drug use and vaping is ever mentioned in the same sentence. Ecigs ought to be about giving up smoking in order to improve health. Blurring this line only fuels the daft "sure those thing are worse than fags" comments.

I disagree , even though I don't smoke cannabis I hate that people buying it to use it for recreational purposes have to indulge in illegal activity and if this development can help change peoples minds about that then all the better . And while I agree that Ecigs ought to be about giving up smoking in order to improve health I don't want that to be lumped in with giving up nicotine and I don't want my government or health service telling me I have to .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Ionised wrote: »

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

I wouldn't want to be suspected of jointing whilst I'm vaping, bad enough with thicks thinking I'm smoking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Haven't these been out for years at this stage? Shoddy journalism from a tabloid if you ask me, no more, no less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

It's all a load off bollocks, I've never seen a headline saying eh just give me a nano second to think, oh yeah...
    'Soft Drink Straws Used To Snort Cocaine':rolleyes:

I said it before, and I'll say it again. 'fcukin ridiculous at this stage'... Tax hungry shower off bastards:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

Irish mirror aren't renowned for good journalism and thats just pure laziness to generate a story even by their own low standards.

Be then our minister for health the fat ugly fool of a man band them from hospitals because they looked like cigarettes

Why let facts get in the way that the more that switch from cigarettes to vapping is a goodthing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Down with this sort of thing :mad:
    Any vendor that sells these or any other herbal vapourizers will never see a red cent from me again.
    It's just playing into the hands of the big pharma companies, tobacco companies, clueless government officials and reckless hacks IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BretCartiers

Well even I do agree with you.. It is good for nothing..Must be banned away..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Have herbal vaporizers not being around for a long time? A lot longer than ecigs even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

It was bound to happen sooner or later.
    Vaping cannabis predates vaping nicotine by decades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

"New things are scary!!! Be afraid people!! This thing didn't exist when you were young, what if it eats your children? Are you afraid yet? Well why not!? You really want to take the chance of not being afraid? START BEING AFRAID!!!!

(Turn to page 17 for more reasons why the world is scary these days because new and different things exist that may or may not eat your children...)"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

54kroc wrote: »
    Have herbal vaporizers not being around for a long time? A lot longer than ecigs even.

Yeah...

The volcano springs to mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

vaporisers were used for years before anyone even thought of e cigs....
    the fact that canabis is illegal is as ridiculous as someone who sucks on an ecig giving out that their ecigs might be used for canabis.

I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with people buying and using these for "non nicotine delivery" use.

But I think it's very, very irresponsible for any vendor of E-Cigs to sell them.

Vapers really don't need any more bad press (albeit total sh1te press)
    So at the risk of repeating myself again (which I will anyway) If I see any herbal vapourizers on any vendor's site, they are blacklisted for me and I urge all genuine vapers here to do the same.

Perhaps email the vendor to explain the reason first though. :D Give them a chance to withdraw the product from their store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with people buying and using these for "non nicotine delivery" use.

But I think it's very, very irresponsible for any vendor of E-Cigs to sell them.

So at the risk of repeating myself again (which I will anyway) If I see any herbal vapourizers on any vendor's site, they are blacklisted for me and I urge all genuine vapers here to do the same.

Perhaps email the vendor to explain the reason first though. :D Give them a chance to withdraw the product from their store.

Strangely the most common reason some people I know not sticking with vaping is the fact that they can't use them for weed. Must be the company I keep.

get a grip. irresponsible.... I've heard it all now... it is irresponsible for people to not fully educate themselves on prohibition, the reasons why canabis is illegal, etc. Boycotting vendors... really? You would boycott someone for selling this? I don't smoke canabis, or vape, but that kind of small mindedness is shocking. Perhaps watch run form the cure, or any of the plethora of information on th expositive use of canabis, the benefits and the history of WHY it has been criminalised.
    perhaps ignorance is bliss, but to say you urge anyone to boycott vendors because they sell this, i mean, how naive is that? Please.
    People are adults, these products are aimed at those over 18. The fact canabis is being decriminalised all over the world, and probably your ecigs come from some of th countries who are liberal and allow those ADULTS who wish to use canabis to do so in the privacy of their own home might give you enough of a clue in that no, banning ecigs is as ridiculous as banning canabis, and both are /might be banned due to PROFITS.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Strangely the most common reason some people I know not sticking with vaping is the fact that they can't use them for weed. Must be the company I keep.

LOL, probably.

There has to be hundreds of places to sell these (and that's cool by me) just not vape shops IMO.

There are numerous mobile vaping machines for canabis, such as the magic light box etc. they have been around long long before ecigs, and by the looks of the attitudes of multinationals, will be around a lot longer than ecigs.

• Advertisement

Cheers dharma200, I've no problem with people smoking whatever they like.
    But as you are not a vaper, perhaps you don't realise the implications for the rest of the vaping guys on here and elsewhere.

Little less attitude next time would be nice too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I think we should ban paper money.
    Every time I pull out a note I want to do a line of coke.

Come on any more things we should ban?

Seriously guys, I'm not advocating banning anything!!
    But E-cigs and vapers are living on a knife edge in Europe ATM.

In case I haven't made it clear enough. People, you do what you want, when you want. I'm all for freedom of choice.

But ecig shops and online vendors are receiving bad press for selling something that can/will be used for weed.

This bad press will only add fuel to the fire of vested interests in banning ecigs altogether.

Sell them on Donedeal, Ebay, Gumtree, whatever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Can anyone link me to a store that sell these so I can...emm boycott them?
    :-)

LOL, NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Mr. Chrome wrote: »

Screenshot_Cinema_Ted_Dougal.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

drumswan wrote: »
    Vaping cannabis predates vaping nicotine by decades

Capers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Can't think of any right now... But a couple off years ago I could have pointed you in the direction of a few 'head' shops, selling sh!te(that was no different to any 'hard' drug on the street) that was fcuking young peoples heads up and creating mayhem in Towns and Villages around our lovely Country.... But because there was no tax dollars to be gained by shutting them down the Government took their time in closing them down.. A number of shops where shot up or had windows broken etc etc... But basically they were left to their own devices.....
    I'm basically saying any wee thing(bad press)is playing into the hands off tax hungry, couldn't give a fcuk about peoples health Governments!
    So hash heads would you ever fcuk off and go back to your wee 'hash pipe' that you buy in Temple Bar for an oul fiver or watever! Cause your gettin us vaporerrrrrrs a bad name INNIT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Ah, head shops, those were the days!
    So you think stoners are giving vapers a bad name? How exactly?..and what are these €5 hash pipes you speak of?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Ah, head shops, those were the days!
    So you think stoners are giving vapers a bad name? How exactly?..and what are these €5 hash pipes you speak of?

In the minds of the lads looking for ammunition against anything vape related, the association with drugs plays right into their hands and minds of worried mothers.

Advertisement