Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heel Spurs

Options
  • 23-06-2014 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi

I suffer now and again from inflamed heel spurs. I have been to my doctor and got x-rays and a steroid injection. He suggested that I consider also using heel pads but didn't have any recommendations.

Can anyone on here recommend some decent heel pads that I can put into my runners.

Thanks

Christy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

ChristyM wrote: »
    Hi

I suffer now and again from inflamed heel spurs. I have been to my doctor and got x-rays and a steroid injection. He suggested that I consider also using heel pads but didn't have any recommendations.

Can anyone on here recommend some decent heel pads that I can put into my runners.

Thanks

Christy

Firts port of call would be to get your gait analysed at a reputable running shop. They can recommend shoes with various degrees of cushioning and/or support.

If you've already done that and are still looking for heel pads, I haven't used these since my teenage football years, but the company Sorbothane seems to be still going, though I don't know where you can buy locally.

Separate to that, if you're a heel striker, you could try to change your gait to avoid heel striking altogether, something like Catherina McKiernan's chi running workshops are good, I did one a few years ago and found it pretty good.

Advertisement