Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP :(

Options
  • 23-06-2014 1:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭

I hope this is the right place for this thread but I badly need help!

Ok so I bought my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini about 3 months ago from çar phone warehouse and changed over to Vodafone when I got it.

I decided the other day to go back to Meteor so I went into Meteor and asked them to put my number back to them, only after having moved my number did the lady inform me that the phone needed to be unlocked (😒) and so now my number is with meteor but the phone is locked I guess to Vodafone. Vodafone canll l not unlock the phone because my number is with Meteor and I 'needed to have topped up by 147 euro in the last 6 months'. So now my phone is pretty much obsolete and I have no idea what to do. can I do it myself or do I have to bring it to shady Joe the phone unlocker ffs. :(
    Help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Nothing shady about Joe. He can do it in an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Katie1289 wrote: »
    I hope this is the right place for this thread but I badly need help!

Ok so I bought my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini about 3 months ago from çar phone warehouse and changed over to Vodafone when I got it.

I decided the other day to go back to Meteor so I went into Meteor and asked them to put my number back to them, only after having moved my number did the lady inform me that the phone needed to be unlocked (😒) and so now my number is with meteor but the phone is locked I guess to Vodafone. Vodafone canll l not unlock the phone because my number is with Meteor and I 'needed to have topped up by 147 euro in the last 6 months'. So now my phone is pretty much obsolete and I have no idea what to do. can I do it myself or do I have to bring it to shady Joe the phone unlocker ffs. :(
    Help would be appreciated.

Try ebay usually fairly cheap to get an unlock code quick and easy usually.

Have used ebay loads of times myself for phones never had any problems

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

crasy dash wrote: »
    Try ebay usually fairly cheap to get an unlock code quick and easy usually.

Have used ebay loads of times myself for phones never had any problems

Really? Do u not need to give them my number which will be with meteor or is it just the model number

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Really? Do u not need to give them my number which will be with meteor or is it just the model number

They just need the IMEI number usually. You get it by putting in *#06# on the dialer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Imei number of phone and make model and network its locked to

Quick search on ebay comes up at 15euro sure can get it cheaper if you search through listings.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

crasy dash wrote: »
    Imei number of phone and make model and network its locked to

Seventeen euro ohhhhhhhhhhhh lawdy. Should have stayed with Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

I used to have an S3. They can be unlocked if you root them and run a particular app
    (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spocky.galaxsimunlock&hl=en). That's not the one I used but it was something similar.

I'd bring it to a phone shop though (as long as they're not too expensive). Saves messing about.

Advertisement