Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shout out to whraitt.ie for excellent customer service.

Options
  • 23-06-2014 1:26pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think you can count on one hand (and not need your thumb or pinkie), the number of times I've ever posted on Boards like this.

Last night the brand new lathe I bought recently (which has been a total joy to use and I'm having more fun than should be possible with)... decided to break. :(

The spindle lock broke and something was making a nasty rattle inside. Now this thing is cast iron, and bolted to a table. The idea of packaging it up and sending it somewhere is ... not pleasant. Additionally, I've really been enjoying turning and seldom a day has past I haven't used it since I got it, so the idea of weeks of no turning was abhorrent!

I had a customer service text from www.whraitt.ie and in a panic I decided to text them ... at 11pm on a Sunday. Look, I was paniced and 11pm is mid-afternoon in my world :)

To my shock, Stanley rang me 5 minutes later, walked me through the repair and even went out to his shop to look inside a Record Power 305 to make sure we were looking at the same thing.

Half an hour later, we're back in business and now I know how to fix it again if it happens (a small nut acts as a stop for the spindle lock, it had vibrated loose).

Now, if some shop messed me about I'd be first one on here complaining and in general I *expect* good service, I mean... I pay good money for stuff. But that level of support and care is rare in this world and should be acknowledged. I feckin' guarantee you I will be buying my stuff from them again.

Take a bow... 5-star. would recommend. :)

ps: I'll post some more on the stuff I've been making soon so that anyone interested in the journey of a journeyman woodturner can see. I really REALLY cant get over how fast you can start making pretty awesome stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Stanley is indeed a gentleman. Great shop - love to visit someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Stanirish

Was a pleasure to get you up and running again.

Talk soon

Stanley

PS - may see you at our annual show in August ????

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Which show might that be? I will probably be away on holidays as I'm away a good chunk of August but I'll be at the national seminar up in Sligo!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Stanirish

DeVore - if you look at the bottom of our website, (woodturning . ie), you will see a flyer for it. Got all the firms from the UK coming over to display their goods, and demonstrate. The years guest demonstrator is Robert O'Connor from Gorey, who will be showing his skill, and making everything look easy !!

15 and 16th of August, in store !!

Regards

Stan

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

aaaaand I fly back on the night of the 16th. Of course. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement