Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit union

Options
  • 22-06-2014 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Im going on holidays in a few hours. I have a credit union loan which is due every forthnight and goes out by standing order on the sunday so should have gone today. I just checked online banking and standing order finished on last payment as it was down for a term time set up on first loan and i didnt change the term time when topped up loan. Now the problem is the payment hasnt gone... online banking says i need to call to branch of fill in forms for new s/o and i have no credit union details on me now as im just heading on holidays for two weeks.
    Advice anyone as what to do? I tried contacting credit union on facebook and was given a generic every credit union is different reply. Ill be out of country in few hours. Is there a grace period for payments? What will happen if i cant fix it? Letters? Calls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,336 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Get a family member or a friend to phone the CU on Monday and explain the situation. Better still, ask them (the family member or friend) to manually lodge the cash to cover the next loan repayment and fix up with them when you get home.

These things happen, just let them know that you'll get it all sorted out as soon as you get home and there shouldn't be any lasting damage.

The worst thing you can do is nothing. As long as you or someone on your behalf explains the problem, it won't be a problem.

BTW, you don't need to fill out any paperwork to setup a standing order with Bank of Ireland online banking, which bank are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 holshil

Do u think they would talk to a family member thou? Like are they not strict with data protection stuff usually ppl are told unless your the account holder they wont talk to you. Im with permanent tsb and using the app because dont have access to laptop and on app it is saying i cant set up a new standing order, plus need account number etc i would ask a family member to go in and pay it for me but its fairly big payments and dont want ti be putting anyone under financial pressure unless its my last option... i could transfer the money to my mothers account and ask her to pay it but by the time thats transfered and ahe withdraws it and goes to pay with with no account numbers it will already be nearly a week late anyway

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Can't you call the credit union when they are open? Use Skype etc?

Each CU is different in how they handle things, so really only your CU can give you accurate advice.

The won't discuss the particulars of the account with anyone but you, but they may take note of a passed on message from a family member..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 holshil

Ok thanks i guess i was hoping to hear that it would all be fine without getting family involved or looking for a computer to use in portugal or it costing me a bomb trying to call them lol guess ill just have to try contact them again tomorrow when they open or just leave it and see how much trouble i get in

Advertisement