Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suit Hire

Options
  • 22-06-2014 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've been doing a bit of looking at suits, styles and prices and I'm a little bit lost of what I can expect.

Can anyone tell me what you paid for the suits, how far in advance of the wedding can you collect them and how far after you can drop them off.

I'd like to have an idea of what to expect before calling a few places.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Be even better if ye recommended a place in the kerry, limerick, tipp area :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Esquire in Limerick

Groom goes free so averages out at €100 for the each incl shoes.

Collecting mine on a Monday, marrying Sat and dropping back Monday.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

My husband used blacktie (they're gone now I think) and we booked during a special offer so we got the suits for €69 each. The suits he got were "formal tails" jackets (sort of more fitted than the traditional morning suit jacket), waistcoats, cravats, and shirts. The vast majority of places will have mannequins with different combos on them. My husband picked the coat from one, waistcoat from another etc until he found the combination he liked.

The guys collected the suits on a Thursday, we got married on the Saturday and they had to be back by Tuesday, although if I remember rightly we just dropped them in on the monday cos it was just as handy for us anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lotsoftens

Got our suits in Michael Morans in Thurles last month. They were about €90 each. Wedding was on a saturday and we were able to collect them the weekend before so no last minute pick up which was great. Dropped them back the monday after but it never sounded like there was any pressure to get them back by then....very relaxed crowd. Couldn't fault the lads there...excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Thanks for all the responses so far. :D

Advertisement