Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored!

Options
  • 21-06-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

I swim 3 or 4 times a week.

I do 1.6km in a 20m pool on each visit, it takes me approx 35-40 minutes.

I am starting to get bored with this same 80 lengths every time.

I would like to increase my speed and then maybe increase my distance at a later date.

I would also like to change my turn from a push with my hands to an under water turn, if you know what I mean. Any suggestions on this also?

Any suggestions or good web sites for some advice

Thanks
    Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Doeshedare

Swimsmooth is a good start for your questions.

If you are just swimming 80 lenghts straight then you might be less bored if you mixed it up with different sets and these can be tailored to train different aspects (speed, endurance, technique) - again swimsmooth will help. And if you are really really bored there are all sorts of swim toys you can buy to play with (paddles, fins, bands, snorkels)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Doeshedare wrote: »
    Swimsmooth is a good start for your questions.

If you are just swimming 80 lenghts straight then you might be less bored if you mixed it up with different sets and these can be tailored to train different aspects (speed, endurance, technique) - again swimsmooth will help. And if you are really really bored there are all sorts of swim toys you can buy to play with (paddles, fins, bands, snorkels)

Good advice there.

I would definitely recommend fins and paddles if you are finding it boring, as you can complete the same workout much faster, and overload your muscles, which will stimulate tone and strength.
    That is providing that you aren't bored with swimming itself. If that is the case, look into some local open water swimming groups.

Advertisement