Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone wont turn on

Options
  • 21-06-2014 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭

the missus has a Sony xperia T a year ago.
    For the last week it keeps randomly turning off , doesn't matter how charged it is. And today it won't turn on at all.

When its plugged in the red led lights up and when you try to turn it on the red light blinks.

Any ideas what to do about it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭T-Bird

You could try taking out battery and leaving it for a good while. Probably won't do anything but there's not much else you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

T-Bird wrote: »
    You could try taking out battery and leaving it for a good while. Probably won't do anything but there's not much else you can do.

This model of phone doesn't have an easily removed battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

have you tried resetting the phone and software update?
    generally and i dont mean to be rude but sony make gawd awful phones and they all glitch and that might be time for upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭County rebel

I also have problems with sony phones my Xperia J freezes alot brought it back too the shop they sent it back to the makers it came back in a couple of days i was told not to buy sony again even do i spent 150euro only last september.would love to get my nokia 6230 phone back again.

the experia J suffers with mother board problems and that phone really is one of the worst ones that Sony make along with the tipo and really all them are the same to be quite honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭County rebel

Could anybody recommend a phone to replace my Xperia J nothing fancy just something that is reliable and will last a while Thanks.

Could anybody recommend a phone to replace my Xperia J nothing fancy just something that is reliable and will last a while Thanks.

Depends on your budget tbh. Anything really bar sony product and the cheaper Huawei ones ....just save the sheckles and go for bigger brand like samsung or Lg or nexus maybe cant go wrong with either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

moto g

now that this phone looks knackered im looking at either
    Nexus 5(16gb) for €305 on amazon or £250 in cfw in derry.
    or
    Moto g (8gb) for £127 on amazon

donegal. wrote: »
    now that this phone looks knackered im looking at either
    Nexus 5(16gb) for €305 on amazon or £250 in cfw in derry.
    or
    Moto g (8gb) for £127 on amazon

Nexus ya won't regret it

• Advertisement

moggser wrote: »
    Nexus ya won't regret it
    i have the 4 myself, but i dont think the mrs will use it as much. all she need is basic smarphone functions +camera +looks pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

To turn it off press the power button and the volume down button (or volume up- try the other if first one doesn't work) at the same time for about 20/30 seconds, this will do a reset, but you won't lose any data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

donegal. wrote: »
    i have the 4 myself, but i dont think the mrs will use it as much. all she need is basic smarphone functions +camera +looks pretty.

If you buy the Moto g, you won't regret it.....

functional and beautiful display,

camera ~ but OK, typical smartphone mid range.

pretty is in the eye of the beholder.

Its just very good, no fil dal's, proper Android.

To turn it off press the power button and the volume down button (or volume up- try the other if first one doesn't work) at the same time for about 20/30 seconds, this will do a reset, but you won't lose any data.

i tried that but nothing happening (other than red light blinks):confused:

Advertisement