Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midwifery

Options
  • 21-06-2014 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I currently heading into my 6th year in secondary school. I am interested in becoming a midwife but unfortunately I do not do any science subjects,is there any PLC's that I could do to help me get into a midwifery course? Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

You'd better off trying to take up biology as a subject rather that going the PLC route for midwifery. Could you drop a subject and take up biology in school come september? I know of a few people who didn't have science subjects in 5th and had to take up biology in 6th year to meet course requirements. What they did was get classmates notes and wrote them out over the summer and learn them as best they could for september! It's the most doable science subject to pick up as I had no junior cert science before I took biology up in 5th year! (Thankfully the option to drop science has been changed in my old school!)

Advertisement