Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to deter birds from pooing on decking

Options
  • 21-06-2014 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

Hi there!

I've just recently had decking put down and fencing and I'm having real trouble with birds pooing on the decking. They're perching on the fencing and just pooing on the decking and it's driving me insane.

Is there something I can get or do to scare the birds away?
    Someone mentioned something called an owl decoy but I've no idea if that's the answer or where I'd get one.
    Also, how big are they and are they an eyesore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

How do you feel about cats?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I like them but I don't want to purchase one. I don't want a pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

fussyonion wrote: »
    Hi there!

I've just recently had decking put down and fencing and I'm having real trouble with birds pooing on the decking. They're perching on the fencing and just pooing on the decking and it's driving me insane.

Is there something I can get or do to scare the birds away?
    Someone mentioned something called an owl decoy but I've no idea if that's the answer or where I'd get one.
    Also, how big are they and are they an eyesore?

If you think this is bad, when and see what the rain does!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,169 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Impossible unless you put a roof over your decking or have a no-fly zone around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,178 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You could put something twinkly and fluttery along the top of your fence...though it will probably look worse than what the birds are doing :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

These things work for some and not for others. If you could get a figure of a bird of prey (peregrine/sparrowhawk) the birds may be less inclined to visit but you might have to move it around every few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Pat_Planky

No doubt there is a cat in the area, just feed it on the sly the odd time and you'll see it around and it's owner will never know.

Advertisement