Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for newly pregnant mum

Options
  • 20-06-2014 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My bestest friend in the whole world just had her 13 week scan there and she's over the moon. It's her first child.

Does anyone have any nice ideas for a gift that I could get her to mark this special time? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

You could get a copy of the scan photo and get it put on a canvas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Just get her little bits that she will need like bio oil and a belly belt extender etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

That's lovely :)

My friends got me a voucher to get my hair done, it really helped me feel like myself again after a first trimester of morning sickness and looking like poo!

They also recently got me a pregnancy pillow and it has genuinely been a lifesaver!!! I had to stop sleeping on my belly around 12 weeks and really could have used the pillow from any time since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Not sure if I'm allowed link but there is a person on adverts selling custom scan pictures on canvas for €60. They are amazing!

My pals got me a little hamper with loads of pamper products. A big box of choccies and a spa day. If you know her style you could also get her some maternity clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

You can get nice frames in boots where you can put 3 scan photos or 2 and one of the newborn. Think it has first scan on it or something. Nice idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

I got a voucher for a facial when I was preg and I just loved it!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

You could get a copy of the scan photo and get it put on a canvas

Oh God, I would hate this. Some people are not into flashing the scan photos around.

The best presents I got were pregnancy massages and vouchers for pampering ie nails and hair

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Get her 1 of them things that let's you listen to the heartbeat, my buddy got it for his woman and she loves it, don't know the name of it though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

whupdedo wrote: »
    Get her 1 of them things that let's you listen to the heartbeat, my buddy got it for his woman and she loves it, don't know the name of it though

They are called Dopplers. I have one and love it, but some people would prefer not to use one, due to the unrealibilty bad stress they can cause if you can't find the hb at home.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

They are called Dopplers. I have one and love it, but some people would prefer not to use one, due to the unrealibilty bad stress they can cause if you can't find the hb at home.[/telyQUOTE]

definitely +1
    depending on the position of the baby you may not be able to pick up the heartbeat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Pregnancy pillow or a voucher for a nice maternity boutique would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

John Mason wrote: »
    Oh God, I would hate this. Some people are not into flashing the scan photos around.

I'm just going by her saying she wanted to mark the event of the first scan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Aww what a lovely gesture :) I'd be inclined to get her something solely for her and her comfort. The Dream Genii Pillow is a God send, especially now that she's approaching a time when she's going to start sporting a little bump and it can be used throughout her pregnancy and beyond.

Otherwise I think I'd go for for a voucher for a pregnancy massage or reflexology, nothing quite like being pampered and now that she's out of the first trimester it might be a lovely time to go and enjoy a treatment.

Alternatively, you could pick her up some nice potions from L'occitane. They'll make up a little hamper there for you and the girls are always so helpful so have a chat with them and they'll get one together for you.

Will you be my friend too? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

pwurple wrote: »
    Pregnancy pillow or a voucher for a nice maternity boutique would be nice.

By far and away these were the two best pregnancy related gifts I received :)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I would absolutely love a voucher for a massage, or my nails/hair etc. I couldn't justify spending that money on myself because I feel like I've so much to get for baby. So if someone gave me a voucher for that kind of thing I would be absolutely beyond grateful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Thanks so much for the ideas everyone. ;)

Advertisement